GERBER Bear Grylls Folding Knife

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen firearms take a fall too, I guess. Some things like MIM parts that work well for some fail without hesitation when used by someone who demands a lot of them. Still, paracord should be in ANY knife's "Can do" list. That's just a shame right there.

I will agree with silent Bob. Most Gerbers sold at Wal-Mart are junk. Buy a Kershaw instead.

Not a big fan of Kershaw Either. A lot of people by kershaw knifes because they're cheap and most have that assisted open. I've owned several kershaw's in my life time and have been disappointed in most of them But, not all are bad just most. Stick to Benchmade, Spyderco, and of coarse ColdSteel for production knife in the reasonable range. Kershaws liner lock system is sub-par and I've nearly lost a finger to the Tactical blur because as I withdrew the knife the liner failed and cut through my gloved hand. I've never experienced a serious lock failure from the 3 brands listed and believe me when I say Every knife I own and support I use or have used. Gerber pulled a Glock. They put out a fair product in the beginning to lure you in then BAM!! They dumped the GEN 4 on the world. Gerber makes fair to good multi-tool and should stick to it. Their gerber knifes are now about as dependable as the Yugo car.. Or to date myself further the Pinto (Rear Gas tank) lol....

but,but,the pinto only burst into flames..if someone did sneeze at your pinto ;)

for an allround knife I use the Finnish "puukko"...but that's not the only blade I have and carry
I did follow the advice I was given and have cold steel products also,well worth the money

Last edited:
apparently yes..put the gas tank in the rear and you have a pinto...in flames

After I learned about all the fakery involved in making Man vs. Wild, I would not touch anything with Bear Grylls name on it. As far as I'm concerned, his association with Gerber has sullied the Gerber name beyond repair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_vs._Wild#Criticism_and_response

Sad, because many years ago my favorite pocket knife was a Gerber Silver Knight.

After I learned about all the fakery involved in making Man vs. Wild, I would not touch anything with Bear Grylls name on it. As far as I'm concerned, his association with Gerber has sullied the Gerber name beyond repair.

Sad, because many years ago my favorite pocket knife was a Gerber Silver Knight.

Awe, I just thought we were just not photogenic enough to get a show like his and now he has one on NBC that consumes my wife's Friday nights, lol. Just think of all the mullah he's making off of gullible people, I am sure he has a nice BOL, with the money he is soaking off of Prime Time. Well at least he is occupying my wife, while I really focus on preps or enjoy a free moment with you all on DPF! ;)

I know of the fellow, but I never dug his show. I do like some of the survivalist shows I've seen, but I never really saw his. Oh well. I agree it's a shame about Gerber, though.

Latest posts

Back