Gardens 2021

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the program u using for that. can we have a look ?

It is a freeware program called Planner ( Apps/Planner - GNOME Wiki! ). Note, I run a Linux Mint box, and use a lot of Linux/Freeware programs.
It is loosely based off of Microsoft's Project.
Here are two screen shots:
Take Cabbage1 S-T and Cabbage1 T-H. Cabbage1 is the first planting of cabbage, with Cabbage2 being the planting 2 weeks later (and so on with Cabbage3 etc.). The S-T stands for Seed to Transplant. T-H stands for Transplant to Harvest.
Based off of approximates for most seeds, at a given temperature, moisture, light for seedlings to sprout and for times based off of variety of a given plant/veggie, gives me the on or about dates.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-03-10 11-11-08.png
    Screenshot from 2021-03-10 11-11-08.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot from 2021-03-10 11-12-54.png
    Screenshot from 2021-03-10 11-12-54.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 6
Three rows of sweet peas, 1 1/2 rows of onions, half a row of garlic, a row of parsnips, an avocado tree planted. Pruned 2 apple trees, the apricot tree, 6 roses. Bought a rose arch and two climbing roses, got the grapes pruned, buried the drain hose from the washmachine finally in the garden 20 inches deep in rocks and dirt mix. Re-stacked some firewood together for the rest of the cool season, minus temps should not be anymore....hopefully. The wife planted 50 ft of flowers along the driveway, hope they make it.

The wifeys flowers survived the minus 5 C° last night!! We planted the climbing roses under the arch and I got the first day of smoking a 4 lb. chunk of bacon ham over with...3 more days of smoking fun ahead. Got a foot long string of braided garlic in the smokehouse next to the bacon too...

I guess we are doing well here with potatos, we got a 30 kg bag for 3000 Hungarian Forinth which works out to 66 lbs for about $8.20...so around
8 cents a pound. We still wanna plant our own and see how it works...
Good for you. Potatoes are among the best survival food. The Irish found out a few years ago that it is dangerous to put all your eggs in one basket.

The Irish found out a few years ago that it is dangerous to put all your eggs in one basket.
They did indeed, but now we have the joy of St.Patricks Day since so many had to leave home and immigrate (legally) to the US and brought us square dancing, tap dancing, river dance, potato recipes, Irish Folk music and the Irish humor...

Almost everybody here has a little garden. Many of the widows in our village sell their veggies and fruits, nuts, flowers, eggs, sausages and hand made things every Saturday on the open market. Helena always looks for the oldest and poorest looking people to buy from and we never have been disappointed on the quality or friendliness. We get good food inexpensive and they can supplement their retirement, win-win. Gary

Latest posts

Back