Daylight savings time

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep thinking of that scene in Princess Bride...

"I just sucked one hour of your life away....tell me...how does this make you feel?"

I don't either :p...but my father did LOL (I only had to walk a mile)

I rode my bike a mile to Elementary school...two and a half miles to Middle School (though thankfully, that was only about a month....then I went to live overseas, and swapped it for an hour bus ride).

I was thinking of this watching Walking Dead the other day...and it really irritated me.

In that situation, people wouldn't do jack squat after sundown.

Yet, they show Carol or others surrounded by numerous (not just one) candles or lanterns. Then, I saw Carol use a MATCH to light a cigarette, right after adjusting a lit lantern! Use the lantern you dolt! Do matches just regenerate post SHTF? Why waste a resource when a flame is RIGHT THERE!!!

TWD is a great prepper show.

In some ways. But their treatment of vehicles and seemingly unlimited gas, is a bit off-putting, but I get the story need there. I also don't get why they keep abandoning a fortified area, vs. just cleaning it out again.

At least they show the importance of water and agriculture, and the primary danger as the other survivors. (while also showing the value of groups)....

Would a lone Rambo type hold against the Saviors? Nope.

To me, the most important message is that 8ts not the zombies that are the true enemy, it's the humans. No matter how prepped I am her in my little house, some goon can come in and take away all of my hard work if I don't have firearms. Like the thread the other day by the guy who doesn't see a need for guns.

Artic, if my son didn't have school two day per week, I would never know what day it is. They all run together. I do know that The Rifleman comes on Saturdays. That's how n I know when it's the weekend.

Between this time change and "ALL" of the running around we been doing.i cant help but wonder if I'll ever get use to the time change. .

I'm still struggling with waking up earlier. I usually adjust in a couple days, just not this year. I've heard everyone for a years now say they are against it, so why is it still around?

I dont know. Maybe it shows our lazy, unmotivated way of doing nothing except complaining,.... That's it ....its on now....KILL THE BEAST......(sorry, I just watched beauty and the beast with my granddaughter.)

Latest posts

Back