Daylight savings time

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh you do it in America too do you? I thought Britain was the only one!! yes, pisses me off this messing about with the hour in the spring and in the fall, I wish they'd leave it alone. its only useful for a few weeks until the daylight catches up.

i hate it too,.i went through the house,resetting everyone.im glad that the pc and cell phones do that automatically..

P.S. edit.i did that,this morning.

I never really understood the logic involved. Nobody and I mean NOBODY is a slave to the "official" time. Why can't companies just start the workday earlier and let off earlier. No need to monkey with the clock. Schools too.

It really is assinine to have it still. The only reason we ever went to it in the states is because the gov thought that by having an extra hour of daylight after work during the warmer months that people would spend more time out shopping and would help to get them out of the depression.

Didnt help BTW.

if I had my choice I would leave the time as it is right now,I can do more around the house year round with the extra hour of light after work,,,,,in the winter it screws my whole day when they turn the time back

nice to know they do it there too ;)
if I had to pick one thing I actually like from my big neighbor is that they don't mess with the clock...

I dont know about when you went to school. But in my lifetime school never started before the sun came up. Even kf there wasnt DST it wouldnt start that early

School started at 7:15 am when I went so it was barely getting daylight when we left some morns. Started school when I was 4 & that age all year long since I had a June birthday. Rode my bike the half mile to get there. I am amazed by the amount of kids that get dropped off and picked UUP from schools. . . & they wonder why we have a child obesity problem. understood the time change then but times have changed now and things are not done like they used to be so to me the literal time doesn't need to be messed with any more now.

depends where one is living, up north it gets lighter later.
How far up north? Ive lived in upstate NY the midwest, south east, south west and have spent a lot of time in several other countries.

Not saying its not that way where you live. But ive never really seen it get light after 7ish and never had school start before 8.

So you were walking to school before 1918? Or are you not from the states?

Alright wasnt sure.

Anyway. I agree that some kids arent al that bright. But meh. I dont see that as a reason to change an entire country's time.

Latest posts

Back