Covid inconveniences

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much has your daily life changed? (0 = Not at all) (9 = Destroyed my life)

Votes: 6 11.8%

Votes: 5 9.8%

Votes: 12 23.5%

Votes: 7 13.7%

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The interesting point as well is in spring 2020 the ministry for health told masks won't be helpfull (ok, there was no masks aviable then). But if i compare the numbers of infection in the spring 2020 without masks and now since (October 2020) we have to wear masks there are al ot more of infections.

Other thing, perhaps a bit offtopic:
An friend was told from an coworker "Hey, it's nothing wrong, we're still free to do what we want, just wear masks and can't go shopping everywhere"
His answer was "OK, we're driving tonight to Italy for dinner, i pay everything" (Italy is around 2 hours driving away)
The answer of the coworker came fast: "We can't, hard to cross border and restaurants are closed!!"
Last thing my friend said: " You see, we're so free we're not even allowed to do what we did all the years before"

I really don’t understand the resistance to masks. If you can keep from spreading an illness to another is it really too much to ask when in public spaces?
Many people are selfish and ignorant. A terrible combination.

It was now suggested in Finland that Covid vaccination certificates could be linked to your bank account so shops will know if you are safe to enter.

The only problem is, it won't just stay with the mask, today mask, tomorrow FFP2 mask, the day after tomorrow curfew and so on.
Do not you believe that? Then see how it works in Europe, here there is already a country that has declared a whole part of its own country as a "restricted zone" despite the mask requirement, although the Corona cases there in the province are not higher than in the rest of the country and the population of this sub-state is locked up with military police and normal police and you are prevented from driving to the rest of the country, except with a PCR test that is not older than 48 hours.
All I am sure of is doctors and nurses wear masks in hospitals and clinics to slow the spread of germs and diseases. They protect both the wearer and the patients. Since we all want this sorry assed virus to go away as soon as possible then I ask again, is it really too much to wear a mask?

@Brent S

The virus is also transmitted with mask, the magic word is contact surfaces. Masks probably bring something, but they alone do not bring the solution, once you have a mask obligation you will never get rid of it.
Don't misunderstand, I don't think we will ever get rid of this corona virus, yes I am a pessimist, but in this matter I am a realist.

I live in Europe, here we have mandatory masks already as good as everywhere, in some areas already under the open sky. What I notice, Corona Falls have gone down slightly, but you are stagnated, what I also noticed, people who hike alone in remote mountain forest alone with FFP2 mask, people who drive alone with mask, really great starting position and soon mentally ill.
I tell you again, it will not remain with masks alone, there will be reductions in visits, it is punishable to invite more than 4 people and the storm troopers break down the door with you at the slightest suspicion.

You think I am exaggerating? No, I live in Europe, where this is a fact, AND IT'S GETTING WORSE EVERY DAY.
Do you want to know what it felt like to live in Europe around 1930? Come to Europe today and best of all go to Germany. All this tells me that this is the wrong way, it will NOT stay with masks the other will all follow.

In the Spanish province of Galicia now threatened vaccination refusers to 60,000 euros fine, the law was passed, which is against 70,000 dollars, would Sleeping Jo cause you such things would also make you to "civil disobedience" and shit on everything that concerns duty, you would then also look at it in a different way.

No offense Brent, I can accept and understand your view, but on this ground here we are a few steps further, and police repression threatens here already from the smallest misdemeanors and our democratic rights are as good as dead.
Even if I once had a similar opinion as you, the times have changed here very much and it is no longer the country I knew and it will never be the country it once was, there have been formative changes here, not good changes and each and everyone who experiences this also changes, whether that is in personal opinion or in the preparations.
I really hope you don't end up in the same mill in the USA as we do here, Freedom and rights are a very high good, once you have lost both you see the world from different eyes.

Last edited:
Unlike many of you, I had covid in December. It was nasty for a week. I'm done. Not worth shutting down economies, taking away rights over. These masks don't work for covid. I have met too many people scared to death to even go out because of covid. What a waste of life.

Ignorant and selfish.
I agree. Having respect and caring how your actions affect others doesn't seem to be in high regard here. I completely agree the country over reacted with lockdowns and restrictions but mask wearing isn’t a violation of your civil rights. It’s just a selfish childish stance of rebellion.

you just have to laugh at the BS propaganda Hollyweird & the Fake News is out there promoting to keep the Virus hoax alive and keep the sheeple under their mask control ....

caught a local Chicago news gal talking on sight about some shooting or something >>>> standing outside in the open blue skies - camera guy a good 10 feet away - nobody else in the scene broadcast >>> she stands there all muffled & blabbing thru a mask - not the greatest diction to start with some of these people - could barely get 1/2 the broadcast .....

Hollyweird likes to get their best "gooberment mandate" onto the TV shows - the fire department station house team doesn't spend enough time working together - they have to socialize in the off hours/days - all sitting around this patio table wearing their masks - spread around 6 feet apart even tho they live together at the firehouse - having their usual dire social issue discussion thru these dumbazz masks >>> food & drink arrives and everyone unmasks on cue ...

what a laugh

Our whole world has been turned upside down. My job is almost nonexistent and so is my husband's.

I refuse to wear a mask...I do have a medical reason for not wearing one but the BIG REASON is if you look it up historically in some cultures masks are required because it takes away your internal ability to be an individual and excerpt your freedom. I will fight for my freedom to the death. This mask mandate has absolutely nothing to do with safety...it is politically based to see how much of our freedoms we are willing to relinquish. This is only the beginning of stripping freedom and if you believe anything else you are researching in the wrong arenas...even the freedom of free speech is being thwarted by big media. Wear a mask, wear three layers of masks if it makes you feel better but do not judge me for for not wearing one because I know historically where this is going. Know your history people! You are being lied to and played!

I don’t wear a mask out of fear but out of consideration to others. It’s also for my own well being due to some heart blockage putting me at a higher risk of complications from the virus. I also don’t wear a single cloth mask that has little value, but an N95 with a disposable surgical mask over it as a pre filter to lengthen the life of the N95. I also wear glasses but that’s mostly to being able to read the fine print out there... 94% of people that catch this virus are either mild or not sick for more than a week. Those are good odds. I just don’t want to risk spreading it to anyone that could be hospitalized or die from it. This isn’t an individual freedom issue, just a decency one about caring for the whole community.

if you dont wear a mask over here you will be refused entry to the store, unless you have a medical exemption, in which case you probably shouldnt be there anyway.
I have noticed that since everyone started wearing masks there have been very few cases of Flu this winter, so maybe masks do work?

I don’t wear a mask out of fear but out of consideration to others. It’s also for my own well being due to some heart blockage putting me at a higher risk of complications from the virus. I also don’t wear a single cloth mask that has little value, but an N95 with a disposable surgical mask over it as a pre filter to lengthen the life of the N95. I also wear glasses but that’s mostly to being able to read the fine print out there... 94% of people that catch this virus are either mild or not sick for more than a week. Those are good odds. I just don’t want to risk spreading it to anyone that could be hospitalized or die from it. This isn’t an individual freedom issue, just a decency one about caring for the whole community.
My husband has heart problems also...and lots of complications that go with that. Him and seven other coworkers were exposed to Covid...six of the eight tested positive...he tested negative. They were all wearing masks. I have no answer as to why.

I will say a history not known or "honored" is a history repeated. If you look on a can of aerosol disinfectant that was sold prior to the announcement of this pandemic you will see that it killed the coronavirus listed on the can. This virus has been around a long time.

if you dont wear a mask over here you will be refused entry to the store, unless you have a medical exemption, in which case you probably shouldnt be there anyway.
I have noticed that since everyone started wearing masks there have been very few cases of Flu this winter, so maybe masks do work?
There is no doubt that they make a big difference. Would you go to a surgeon that said he was an anti masker? They don’t eliminate all risk though. Common sense tells me that reducing risk is a good idea.

My husband has heart problems also...and lots of complications that go with that. Him and seven other coworkers were exposed to Covid...six of the eight tested positive...he tested negative. They were all wearing masks. I have no answer as to why.

I will say a history not known or "honored" is a history repeated. If you look on a can of aerosol disinfectant that was sold prior to the announcement of this pandemic you will see that it killed the coronavirus listed on the can. This virus has been around a long time.
I’m glad for you both that he tested negative. In all honesty even with the virus and hospitalization more likely for him, the treatments are more effective now than in the beginning and he would likely get through an infection. I’m just all for not testing that theory if possible.

Masks used correctly do work...and for a lot of things. But I am convinced this has nothing to do with safety and the longer this goes on I am beginning to think that the numbers on a lot of things are being "made up". I have family that are in the medical field and they are convinced that the virus is spread more from object contact...so you not only need a mask you need gloves...and you must put them on and take them off a specific way to control contact...think operating room procedures for that.

Masks used correctly do work...and for a lot of things. But I am convinced this has nothing to do with safety and the longer this goes on I am beginning to think that the numbers on a lot of things are being "made up". I have family that are in the medical field and they are convinced that the virus is spread more from object contact...so you not only need a mask you need gloves...and you must put them on and take them off a specific way to control contact...think operating room procedures for that.
I worked in an operating room for 4 years so am always aware of where my hands are and have been. I go through a lot more hand sanitizer now than in my entire lifetime too. Most of what I’ve read says it’s more easily transmitted by breathing but there is no doubt everyone is still learning about this virus and it can spread multiple ways. Reducing your risk is the best thing we have for now with common sense practices.
I’ve lived my life with risks. I have had a motorcycle most of my life, skied, surfed, scuba, flown planes, etc. everything we do has risk. I’ve never thought we should stop going out or not patronize the local businesses we like and rely on. I think closing Disney Land for a year is friggin nuts. But I don’t see a mask mandate while in crowded public places an unnecessary intrusion of our freedoms.

Latest posts

Back