Covid inconveniences

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much has your daily life changed? (0 = Not at all) (9 = Destroyed my life)

Votes: 6 11.8%

Votes: 5 9.8%

Votes: 12 23.5%

Votes: 7 13.7%

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm not so sure about masks, I have been wearing one in public indoor places and I havent heard of anyone having the flu this year, colds dont even seem to be about this year, I have heard it said that Cotton face masks use the condensation from the wearers breath to trap any germs, and that the other types of fabric masks dont do this, whatever is correct there seems to be less germs about in general and that was long before any vaccine was developed.
of course living in a low infection area may have something to do with it, we are far healthier in the countryside than anyone in a large town or city.

Keep telling yourself that and drinking the kool-aid kevin. Anyone with half a working brain knows that face diapers are ineffective and worthless. Go ahead and follow your govt master.

they actually scare me MUCH more than Covid could ever ...

been watching the Cubbie spring training games from AZ >>> beautiful sunny blue sky days - the park is limited to 30% capacity - the grass berm picnic area is divided up with spaced circles of sitting areas ...

fans sitting out there in the wild blue skies - 20 feet from the nearest neighboring fan - wearing a f____ing mask - have to be mental >>> wear it coming into the park - the concession stands - bathrooms, ect ect - but grass doesn't pose a Covid threat ...

interesting thing happened in Chicago and to the CONTINUED DNC poltical use of Covid >>> didn't work

IL Gov Pritzker and Biden put their crookedness together and tried using the Covid vaccination program as a political pawn to get incumbent "headed to the crapper" Pritzker re-elected ....

Pritzker desperately needs the Chicago black vote - so ignoring the entire rest of the state concentrates the vaccination program into a single GIANT ghetto Chicago Westside location - dedicates a good majority the State's allotment of the new J & J vaccine - transfers med people stripping & closing other locations >>> all thru Biden's new FEMA and using FED $$$$$ ...

trouble comes to Pritzker's con game - white people from the suburbs show up - not a few - MAJORITY IN BIG #s - Pritzker's worst nitemare >>> more pizzed off white voters over his racial political gameplay ...

Now - FEMA is maneuvering to find avenues to ban white people and make the site black exclusive as intended ...

https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/...bk9TMlJJw_Bmm7SpIfhRYN3385dzzYL7IZOzfxyeiV-Po

I had my prep going for about 5 years before the so called pandemic, added a few freeze dried #10 cans of MH and snaged 3 cases of MRE's for free , got 2500 gals of rain water and 9khr solar system, so my life hasn't changed that much , the freeze in central Texas really shined a light on my weaknesses, so got a little work to do, but all in all I'm good to go.

Hand washing and mask wearing (good masks) do help stop both the flu and Covid. The sarcasm and disdain trump promoted towards mask wearing did a huge disservice to the country that’s still going today.
Hand washing yes. Biggest way to avoid ANY illness. Mask, not so much. If you carried a handkerchief and used it when you sneezed or coughed all would be well. We don't spread the virus during normal expiration. That has been proven.

So all the health care workers that have been using PPE and did not catch the virus were just lucky? Seriously, yes they do help prevent you from being infected. Not a 100% prevention but it’s a big help. Wherever you read they don’t help is just wrong.

Yes they do, and there job is NOT to protect you from inhaling the virus but to stop your breath from infacting others, in which they are effective.
They do some of both, protecting you and others. A cloth mask is of little value but even they help a little. Even if you breathe a virus in through one it should stop some of them and reduce the initial viral load you get infected with, helping your chances of your body to fight it.

If an N95 is effective against the virus, then why did the CDC say you have to wear two of them?

If an N95 is effective against the virus, then why did the CDC say you have to wear two of them?
They didn’t. They said to wear two of the cloth or disposable surgical masks. The N95 is a much better barrier and is tight enough to stop viruses. Cloth masks and surgical masks are only good enough for bacteria, but doubling them gives somewhat better filtering.

Some things to be aware of with all types of masks is to make sure the seal is good on your face, don’t touch the outside of them, and carefully remove and put them on them to not contaminate yourself. Masks aren’t 100%, but with hand washing and some common sense you can reduce the odds of getting this or the next illness that comes along. I agree we should get on with living our lives and do things, but if you know you have higher risk factors just take some common sense measures. Would you go into a contagious ward in a hospital without a mask? Right now it’s reasonable to consider any large public gathering where no one is masked to be the equivalent of that ward.

Oh, I agree the N95 is a better barrier, but the CDC did say that the covid particulars were so small, that they could pass through an N95. But then again, the CDC and WHO and Fauci have said alot of things, some not true, and have changed their minds.
I did wear an N95 in New Mexico. I had a large bin of them that a bought way prior to the pandemic as part of my preps. I wore glasses and gloves, too, when this first started. I didn't let the grandkids leave the property or see anybody else for 4 months. Husband is lung impaired, so he didn't leave, either. I was the one who would don up all the gear and go get the things. Stand outside in a half hour line. I'd change my clothes and sanitize completely (even my steering wheel and door handle) when coming home, so I wouldn't infect my husband.
Now I feel that the whole world has been duped. The news articles are finally coming out now (after a year) that there was no bat in a wet market. It came from the wuhan lab and it was intentional.

Latest posts

Back