COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, I think people are taking advantage of the food bank, this is ridiculous

View attachment 10175
We saw lines like that in the city during hurricane times. . . I do have to wonder just how many of those people are in a real genuine need. I'm with you on your way of thinking though. People always want something for nothing.

White House projects 100K to 240K
The White House coronavirus task force unveiled on Tuesday the extended guidelines to try to slow the spread of the coronaviruspandemic in the United States as a somber President Trump told Americans to brace for “a very painful two weeks."

The extension of the social distancing guidelines comes after Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and other public health officials on the White House coronavirus task force warned that even if the U.S. were to continue to do what it was doing -- keeping the economy closed and most Americans in their homes -- the coronavirus could leave 100,000 to 240,000 people in the United States dead and millions infected.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...ouse-releases-extended-coronavirus-guidelines

Ya but with the feds, you get a tax stamp and you're legal, but a lot of state ignore the tax stamp and just outlaw it outright.
I know some people who have silencers but not sure if they're legal :confused:
White House projects 100K to 240K
The White House coronavirus task force unveiled on Tuesday the extended guidelines to try to slow the spread of the coronaviruspandemic in the United States as a somber President Trump told Americans to brace for “a very painful two weeks."

The extension of the social distancing guidelines comes after Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and other public health officials on the White House coronavirus task force warned that even if the U.S. were to continue to do what it was doing -- keeping the economy closed and most Americans in their homes -- the coronavirus could leave 100,000 to 240,000 people in the United States dead and millions infected.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...ouse-releases-extended-coronavirus-guidelines
I guess this is why my town has become more strict on enforcing the shelter in place orders. I saw a cop break up a gathering at the park today while I was out on my walk.

I looked at the source (link below), which gives a lot more detail, like total cases by August, how many hospital beds, ICU beds, and ventilators will be needed and the shortfall. I seriously question some of the model results. They don't make any sense to me. They don't seem to take into account population density for one thing.

Here is the source:
https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

I hope so, but I don't think it's even close.
My worry is that, we'll say April 15th NY, NJ & VT all peak and start on the downward slope, then the media starts talking about how they are over the hump. Are people going to start getting relaxed and not social distance themselves for the rest of the country? According to the chart, TX is one of the last states to peak around May 22, whereas our neighbor of LA is April 10th. . . . That boarder is crossed so many times in just one day because of refinery work along with other jobs. I just see infections & reinfections being a problem. Yes I do not trust the date shown, but it kinda gets us a target. We'll see if April 15th stands for the first 3 states. Then you have the density population of each state so the 1 date is just an average hopefully if it stands true.

I can't believe anyone is still delivering anything. But until they shut it all down, I'm ordering like an old person addicted to QVC. I do leave cash tips on my gate though.
think about the food industry. . . . Someone asymptomatic is processing strawberries to be frozen for example. Then someone buys that bag and decided to make a strawberry shortcake. Those berries aren't cooked, just tossed with sugar. The virus survives in the freezer. Can that be a way it gets transfered? In my head, I am thinking yes.

think about the food industry. . . . Someone asymptomatic is processing strawberries to be frozen for example. Then someone buys that bag and decided to make a strawberry shortcake. Those berries aren't cooked, just tossed with sugar. The virus survives in the freezer. Can that be a way it gets transfered? In my head, I am thinking yes.
I wouldn’t worry about frozen vegetables too much. The virus has a limited lifespan outside of the body and although the possibility is there it’s low risk. I think the stocker coughing on the package at the grocery store is much more likely to get you infected but even that isn't high risk if you’re washing your hands religiously. Packaging, mail, etc are ways of contacting this but again if we’re all being careful about hygiene and not touching our face then the risk is low. The vast majority of transmission is from droplets in coughing and sneezing, so avoid people the most for your own protection.
My advice, don’t worry. Sure, that’s easier said than done but worry won’t help anything in the long run. Just focus on limiting travel and contact and upping your personal hygiene as much as you can. Also keep in mind that 80% of people infected will get mild or no symptoms. So if you do catch this it’s not an automatic death sentence. I am more concerned with the economy than the virus honestly, but even with that the worrying won’t change anything. Just like with the illness focus on shoring up your financial expenses to help get you through this mess. All any of us can do is minimize the risks and impacts the best we can. Just don’t forget to live each day, enjoy some of it and try to relax the best we can.

NY has the highest deaths and the current epicenter and yet NY has restrictions on possible life saving drugs!?!

"Dr. Oz calls on Cuomo to lift restrictions on potential coronavirus treatments

Dr. Mehmet Oz called on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Tuesday to reverse an executive order prohibiting doctors to prescribe two antimalarial drugs touted as potential coronavirus treatments outside of state-approved clinical trials or Food and Drug Administration-approved uses.

"I suspect there were concerns for the folks with rheumatoid arthritis and lupus who are dependent on chloroquine and couldn't get it," Oz told "Hannity" of Cuomo's order, which limits prescriptions of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to a 14-day supply with no refills.

"I think ... Cuomo passed that law to prevent people from taking it and putting it in their cupboards just in case," he added."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-oz-cuomo-potential-coronavirus-treatment-restrictions

My worry is that, we'll say April 15th NY, NJ & VT all peak and start on the downward slope, then the media starts talking about how they are over the hump. Are people going to start getting relaxed and not social distance themselves for the rest of the country? According to the chart, TX is one of the last states to peak around May 22, whereas our neighbor of LA is April 10th. . . . That boarder is crossed so many times in just one day because of refinery work along with other jobs. I just see infections & reinfections being a problem. Yes I do not trust the date shown, but it kinda gets us a target. We'll see if April 15th stands for the first 3 states. Then you have the density population of each state so the 1 date is just an average hopefully if it stands true.

Your worry is spot on. We will not be as safe as we can be and still get work done, until everyone is wearing a mask and continues to practice prevention measures.

Your worry is spot on. We will not be as safe as we can be and still get work done, until everyone is wearing a mask and continues to practice prevention measures.
The Texas governor said he was not issuing a shelter in place, but telling everyone to stay home until April 30th... come on.. just do it and do it right, or don't do at all.

Economic affect from the coronavirus and the impact of our front line Healthcare workers, I alluded to this a couple of days ago and it's coming to light. How many people are willing to work for free and will States and Government pick up the slack regarding pay.

Emergency room doctors and nurses who are putting their personal health at risk to treat coronavirus patients are now seeing their pay, compensation and other benefits being cut as the economic impact from the pandemic is spreading through the medical industry.

Staffing companies that have contracts with hospitals and employ those who work in emergency rooms say the coronavirus has eaten into one of their main sources of revenue: non-essential, elective procedures, which are being postponed nationwide as states are directing facilities to go all-hands-on-deck to fight the growing pandemic.

Doctors, nurses fighting coronavirus are having pay and benefits cut as employers lose revenue

“Every day I’m in county and federal emergency meetings. This is besides seeing patients. I’m doing more hands-on work right now than ever before,” he said, speaking on condition of anonymity. “I’m getting calls 24/7 from the hospital administration, the county management team. I have not had a day off in over two weeks. And I’m working all this for 20 percent less.”

Tenet Healthcare, a company that runs 65 hospitals and is headquartered in Dallas, has announced a postponement of 401(k) matches, ProPublica reports.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hospital-workers-fighting-coronavirus-pay-benefits-cut

Economic affect from the coronavirus and the impact of our front line Healthcare workers, I alluded to this a couple of days ago and it's coming to light. How many people are willing to work for free and will States and Government pick up the slack regarding pay.

Emergency room doctors and nurses who are putting their personal health at risk to treat coronavirus patients are now seeing their pay, compensation and other benefits being cut as the economic impact from the pandemic is spreading through the medical industry.

Staffing companies that have contracts with hospitals and employ those who work in emergency rooms say the coronavirus has eaten into one of their main sources of revenue: non-essential, elective procedures, which are being postponed nationwide as states are directing facilities to go all-hands-on-deck to fight the growing pandemic.

Doctors, nurses fighting coronavirus are having pay and benefits cut as employers lose revenue

“Every day I’m in county and federal emergency meetings. This is besides seeing patients. I’m doing more hands-on work right now than ever before,” he said, speaking on condition of anonymity. “I’m getting calls 24/7 from the hospital administration, the county management team. I have not had a day off in over two weeks. And I’m working all this for 20 percent less.”

Tenet Healthcare, a company that runs 65 hospitals and is headquartered in Dallas, has announced a postponement of 401(k) matches, ProPublica reports.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hospital-workers-fighting-coronavirus-pay-benefits-cut
Our hospital is currently free of COVID-19 patients and it has a lot of empty rooms to make way for the anticipated coming COVID-19 patients.. When are they coming? Nobody knows, but if the patients aren't in the rooms then there isn't money coming in the door.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back