COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good and bad: I'm sure crime will increase to make up the inflationary cost here in the states. Quite honestly I wont shed a tear for the cartel and user!

Mexican drug cartels struggle during coronavirus, hike prices as lab supplies from China dry up

According to Maltz, the cartels have raised the prices of their products – as much as 400 percent – and “will get through the tough times,” especially since their business is so profitable.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexican-drug-cartels-struggle-lab-supplies-china-coronavirus

US States with 100 or more deaths from COVID-19 as of 31 Mar 2020

New York .. 1,550 (+487 +46%):eek:
Washington .. 210 (+8 +4%)
New Jersey .. 198 (+37 +23%)
Louisiana ... 185 (+34 +23%)
Michigan .... 184 (+52 +39%)
California .. 149 (+17 +13%)

Georgia ..... 102 (+19 +23%)

Really, no permit or anything? I think full auto is a waste of ammo anyways but thought it was federal for the license on them.

It means that if it's legal Federally, it's legal in the state - no state restrictions per se. There are a number of states like that, including Georgia.
http://class3laws.com/

The one thing I would like is a silencer. It would be nice not to draw attention to catching dinner... just not worth the hoops and expense to me though. If the world does fall apart I would make my own but having good quality commercial ones would be nice.

If the ignorant ones die, it will unfortunately open another 100,000 job sites in America for the wiser ones.
The problems is the more stupid people contract the virus, the more they will spread it to innocent and vulnerable ones. I wish we could trap those beach goers on the beach and only let the survivors back into society when this is all over.
About a week ago, WVa was the only state with no infection. According to these numbers, they appear to be "making up for lost time". They have now passed some other states in the number of cases.
I was reading an article that said the only reason WV didn't have a case was because they weren't testing, and likely had many cases already. Of course, without testing they weren't taking any isolation or quarantine measures, which is what allowed the virus to spread so quickly.

I was reading an article that said the only reason WV didn't have a case was because they weren't testing, and likely had many cases already. Of course, without testing they weren't taking any isolation or quarantine measures, which is what allowed the virus to spread so quickly.
Here is what the first confirmed case in WV had to go through in order to get tested:

James was first symptomatic last Thursday, March 12. After a restless night of sleep, he developed a fever of 104, a bad cough and dizziness. All were signs of the coronavirus.

They tried to find a place to get him screened and tested. They started with the 24/7 coronavirus hotline set up by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources. The operator, Carolyn said, was helpful and informative. They were referred to the family physician.

But their office wasn't equipped to help him yet, so he was referred to the ER. They went to Jefferson Medical Center, which was still determining coronavirus protocols, she said. They were redirected back to the hotline.

"So at this point, he's getting worse," Carolyn said. "He's sitting out in the car and we keep getting referred back to the hotline that's sending us to the doctor and back to the ER."

Eventually, he was verbally screened in the parking lot. Doctors determined he needed an official screening and test. They took him back to the ER through a side door to a negative pressure room.

"He was in there for quite a while," Carolyn said. "His fever spiked several times when he was in the ER. I wasn't allowed to go back with him because of the risk of doubling the exposure. He said they were very kind to him; they kept bringing him Tylonal and water."

After getting negative results for various types of flu and other illness, they administered the COVID-19 test. They were told it would take about five days to get results.

On that fifth day, they still didn't have results. James was still sick.

"I know there is a call for being patient," Carolyn said. "But when you're watching your husband deteriorate and you're becoming symptomatic yourself, I became upset."

So, they made phone calls.

The ER didn't have the results, nor did the state lab. The Jefferson County Health Department told them they didn't have a record of him even getting a test.

Not knowing where else to turn, they contacted the governor's office.

Finally, a doctor called James.

The tests were lost.

He needed tested again, but the doctor couldn't tell the family where to turn. All they said was the couple shouldn't go back to the ER.

"That became very frustrating," Carolyn said. "He's still sick, we don't have results and we already waited for five days.

The next phone call wasn't better.

Another doctor called to say they found the tests at the state lab, but they weren't viable. The doctor thought James needed another test.

After chronicling her experience on Facebook, one of Carolyn's friends called Senator Joe Manchin's office for help. A representative from the senator's office called and assured her he'd find answers by the end of the day.

"I told him I was very skeptical," Carolyn said. "All I wanted was a doctor's order so I could take him to another state to get tested."

Within hours, she received a phone call from State Health Officer Cathy Slemp who delivered the news: James was the first positive case of COVID-19 in West Virginia.

Really, I think people are taking advantage of the food bank, this is ridiculous

foodbank.jpg

The one thing I would like is a silencer. It would be nice not to draw attention to catching dinner... just not worth the hoops and expense to me though. If the world does fall apart I would make my own but having good quality commercial ones would be nice.

Just another firearm accessory that The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia has outlawed. :mad:

Latest posts

Back