cities

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpaul

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
as far away from "civilisation" as i can get.
you've probably heard this all before, but I know nothing about the situation in cities today except what I heard on the news, so it was a surprise when I heard from a mate living in the city of Plymouth, the same city I moved from 20 years ago, he said where we both lived and he still does is now like a GHETTO, that's a shame because for a city it was a nice place to live if you had to live in a city.
I've asked him for more information as he only said that one word GHETTO on a Christmas card.

Last edited:
It is very difficult to keep neighborhoods from declining like that. Short of pricing homes exorbitant and having homeowner rules forcing high-end environments. They always go from nice owner-resident middle class houses, then you start seeing a bunch becoming rentals, then you see lower-income renters, then crime increases, home repair faulter, etc etc. Until you get to 'ghetto' status.

the area that my friend lives in and where I used to live is a suburban area, a long way from the city centre, a housing estate made up of owner occupiers, bought to let and council now housing association homes, a leafy area not far from the coast, with a village feel with its own shops, in fact it was often referred to as a village, it was a really nice place to live with British inhabitants. I know about 5 years ago his wife, also an old friend, said "its not the place you left, Paul" but it didn't have the immigrants of the larger cities but they were creeping into the area, so maybe that has now happened and the place has gone right downhill, but I don't know for certain and I wont until and unless I hear from my friend.

I grew up in one 4 neighbors. In Which all 4 neighborhoods has gone down hill since i moved from there 44 years ago.there was extremely little to no crime there when i moved from there.pluss a person could leave their doors unlocked at night,without the worry of intruders.now all 4 neighborhoods have growen.pluss there's at least 1 or 2 more neighborhoods. Crime is way up compared to back then.there's no way id move back to that area now.

no, I wouldn't move back there now, even after living in that city for over 40 years, too many people now, too much traffic, too manic, I've got used to the quiet life in the countryside. i'm just worried about my friend and his family. but I cant see him moving from a city, both he and his wife have family, parents siblings, there.

Latest posts

Back