gmrs

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I am surprised that I am not seeing more guys talking about and posting about GMRS. Especially when guys are talking about citizen band radio that has only a 5Watt output. I have outfitted both of my vehicles with 50 Watt GMRS radios and now I can talk to my wife from my work or her work . It is only about 22 miles (hwy not as the crow flies) apart but we are clear as day. I am in Houston and we are flat with lots of structures. Now that I am happy with my comms I am about to invest in a few handhelds and nowadays Wouxon and others have some nice radios that can listen in on you HAM radio boys. With China marching forward and war almost inevitable communications or at least having another form of communication besides a cell phone will be huge. How many are using GMRS and are happy with it? I know I am very happy now that I can talk to my wife in almost any situation now except an EMP and unfortunately here in Houston we have a big target on our oil & gas industry for a nuc or emp or both. The govt is running nuclear drills right now as we speak here in Houston by the plants where I work. If the government is preparing then that tells me that I really need to get serious also. So does everyone.

Latest posts

Back