Chicks, Chickens and Quackers!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UK: “Apocalyptic Bird Flu” Jumps to Humans as Authorities Cull Millions of BirdsUK: "

Zoonotic transmission of an "apocalyptic bird flu," H5N1, has been reported in the UK, boasting a 50+% fatality rate for humans. However, digging deeper reveals that the asymptomatic "patient zero" was tested "constantly" until returning the result (false positive?) that authorities need to justify the ongoing culling of tens of millions of birds and claim that YOU cannot be allowed to raise your own animals to feed your family. Meanwhile, Australian grocers are rationing meat as asymptomatic workers are kept from work, resulting in abattoirs shutting down in Australia. How long will this test fraud scamdemic be allowed to continue? Until we stop it.

https://www.iceagefarmer.com/2022/0...humans-as-authorities-cull-millions-of-birds/
Youtube:

Bitchute: UK: "Apocalyptic Bird Flu" Jumps to Humans as Authorities Cull Millions of Birds

Forgive my ignorance on the raising of chickens, but why is there no mention of predators?

We have coyotes and short of providing bodyguard services to chickens, I can't figure out how to let them wander around without attracting trouble.

I have the land, but it isn't fully fenced.

Forgive my ignorance on the raising of chickens, but why is there no mention of predators?

We have coyotes and short of providing bodyguard services to chickens, I can't figure out how to let them wander around without attracting trouble.

Many people do not let them free roam. Mine are in outdoor runs with heavy wiring, including the roof of metal.

Those that do free roam successfully have roosters and places for the birds to duck under for protection. Others have quail to sound the alarm early.

That's what I was afraid of. I think I'll just stick to my 2-acre fish pond. Although I do love eggs.

You and your family might regret not having access to eggs. A simple and cheap option is a Chicken Tractor. They are just wire and wood boxes turned upside down with small wheels. You move them every few days for the hens to get fresh grass, bugs and worms.
1641653919277.jpg

1641654007884.jpeg

You don't need fencing to keep the chickens in and coyotes out, just fencing to keep a donkey in. It will run off the coyotes.

Spot on DH! Was going to modify my response as I forgot to put down donkeys. They are literally in every field with animals around here. The ones especially close to rivers have 2 to 3 donkeys!

Those without donkeys have Great Pyrenees

A simple and cheap option is a Chicken Tractor. They are just wire and wood boxes turned upside down with small wheels. You move them every few days for the hens to get fresh grass, bugs and worms.

Wow. Very inventive. Very cool. I like simple, but brilliant ideas. Leonardo Da Vinci thought genius was in simplicity.

Many folks like Heritage Breeds. After trying those I went with Hybrid birds, like Hy-line. These birds produce more eggs per food than any others. They also produce an egg a day! Mine did stop for about 2 weeks when they molted, but that was it. One bird actually lays 2 eggs a day! Never seen that before.

We keep ours in a covered run, too. It's attached to a coup that they go into at night. Our guineas free range and find a barn or a tree to sleep in, and we've lost a number of them to predators. I like the Heritage breeds, the large breeds. They are meat and eggs. The same for turkey, prefer the heritage breeds and they're in a very large covered run. I incubate both turkey and chicken eggs every year to rotate my fowl stock.

UK: “Apocalyptic Bird Flu” Jumps to Humans as Authorities Cull Millions of BirdsUK: "

Zoonotic transmission of an "apocalyptic bird flu," H5N1, has been reported in the UK, boasting a 50+% fatality rate for humans. However, digging deeper reveals that the asymptomatic "patient zero" was tested "constantly" until returning the result (false positive?) that authorities need to justify the ongoing culling of tens of millions of birds and claim that YOU cannot be allowed to raise your own animals to feed your family. Meanwhile, Australian grocers are rationing meat as asymptomatic workers are kept from work, resulting in abattoirs shutting down in Australia. How long will this test fraud scamdemic be allowed to continue? Until we stop it.

https://www.iceagefarmer.com/2022/0...humans-as-authorities-cull-millions-of-birds/
Youtube:

Bitchute: UK: "Apocalyptic Bird Flu" Jumps to Humans as Authorities Cull Millions of Birds

I work in poultry farming in the UK. Guess I’ll die 😂

We let our chickens free range year round, and in 6 years we have only lost one hen to a coyote. We have coyote, fox, bear, wolves, mountain lions, badger, weasels and hawks, owls and eagles here. We dont even lock the chickens up at night. In other parts of the country there are a lot more small predators than we have here, so free range may not be an option. Its not uncommon to see fox and coyote tracks on our back deck or even inside the chicken run. We've seen bears tracks around the coop and last summer we saw a bear looking through the windows in the coop. We lose more calves to coyotes than we've lost chickens.
20220323_144222.jpg

Latest posts

Back