Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone heard from @Maverick lately?

I pop in once or twice a day, been a little busy building a second room on the shop before snowfall, basically a guest room slash apartment with a kitchen, bedroom, living room etc.. The house I'm living in was original used by the kids when they couldn't make it to the property due to heavy snow but with me and the wife occupying the house now we needed to come up with something else. After the project (guest room slash apartment) is done (Sunday) we are going to home depot to get the appliances for it (all gas)

The last two years have beat the hell out me, I tire a lot easier now.. frustrating

Going to pick up a load of 1×12 rough cut fir boards today to finishing siding the new addition on the barn. Have a half a trailer load of hay that I need to unload and get stacked by tomorrow. Just one more load of hay to bring home. The rest of my hay I'll leave in the barn down in the valley. Except I'll bring home a couple ton of alfalfa just in case I get a milk cow.

The government isn't flagging people for being preppers. If they were, I bet about 1% of those here use a VPN and the rest are screwed. Its the so-called "extremists" that get all the heat. Stocking up on food and ammo does not make you an "extremist". As for the rest of the internet children of Generation Z, they are too busy posting puppy dog noses on themselves to be a real threat ~ who cares what they think!

Start by using private conversations to individuals, don't just make a general call out. The next step is to probe their mindset with casual questions to see where their mind is at. Ask something like "What do think will happen if Biden wins and pushes for covid lockdown?" or "if things start going like other countries the media wont follow, what would you do?" Their initial reaction will speak volumes about their mindset, motivation, and seriousness.

Question, how would a 34 year old man ask his friends and family about prepping on Facebook without being perceived as psycho or flagged as a prepper by the gvt
Start off by talking about the Federal Government's preparedness web site...you are just doing "what the government recommends."

https://www.ready.gov/
Instead of using prepper lingo like BOB etc. use the government's lingo
"Basic Disaster Supply List"
https://www.ready.gov/kit
Now granted, ready.gov doesn't go far enough, but once you get started down that road, you don't have to stop at just what the government suggests, you take it farther.

I REALLY don't see how you can get "flagged" by following and talking about the government's own suggestions.

Friends and family.... you should already know which ones are firearms enthusiasts. Start with those folks. Then, ask youself if those people go shopping every few days or a few times a month. Do they keep a clean house or do they not give a frick about their living situation? You can be a worthless POS and still like guns! Assess their character from afar looking for positive que's that speak to their usefulness.

Friends and family.... you should already know which ones are firearms enthusiasts. Start with those folks. Then, ask youself if those people go shopping every few days or a few times a month. Do they keep a clean house

Yep, definitely need to weed out those "neat freaks." They will be the worst to have to deal with when the SHTF! 😂

I picked this up today,,,,2000 ford ranger,,,it was cheap,,,but it runs and drives,,, we will see how it works out,,,it has nearly new tires on it

1604026573949.png

Last edited:
Yep, definitely need to weed out those "neat freaks." They will be the worst to have to deal with when the SHTF! 😂
Its not about being a neat freak, its about not being lazy. I'm not saying having polished floors and doilies on the kitchen table are proper prepper prerequisites, just stating that ones overall ambition is easily reflected in their surroundings.

Its not about being a neat freak, its about not being lazy. I'm not saying having polished floors and doilies on the kitchen table are proper prepper prerequisites, just stating that ones overall ambition is easily reflected in their surroundings.
I don't keep a neat and tidy house,,,but it does not hinder my prepping,,,,I am well armed and the food stocks are good for at least a year most likely 18 months,,,,,how clean your floor is or isn't has very little to do with your level of preparedness ,,,,remember the old show the odd couple,,,,the neat freak and the slob,,,,I'm Oscar Madison the slob of that pair,,,at my house there is no such thing as neat and tidy,,,,,in fact I can't stand people like that,,,,there has got to be something wrong with them

Latest posts

Back