Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished rereading the “One Second After “ series. Such a great writer. Felt like I should reread it for some reason. There is a 5th book coming out in August.

1686880374284.jpeg

I just finished rereading the “One Second After “ series. Such a great writer. Felt like I should reread it for some reason. There is a 5th book coming out in August.

View attachment 20047
Funny story and spoiler alert...I was reading this for the first time when the pandemic lockdown was just getting kicked off and always read it right before bed. One morning, woke up to find the ceiling fan wasn't turning, the computer wasn't on, and there was no house background noise at all. The power was out and for a few seconds, I had to convince myself that an EMP hadn't killed everything.

Do you feel ready for the reunion? You've been working hard on it!
As ready as I can be. I still have work in moms bath because every time I go in to clean, she is asleep.

It will be crowded because of the rain, but I do have a wrap around covered porch that can hold some people. If, the rain isn't blowing.

Funny story and spoiler alert...I was reading this for the first time when the pandemic lockdown was just getting kicked off and always read it right before bed. One morning, woke up to find the ceiling fan wasn't turning, the computer wasn't on, and there was no house background noise at all. The power was out and for a few seconds, I had to convince myself that an EMP hadn't killed everything.
As proudprepper posted somewhere we need to get our minds acclimated for the SHTF that is looming . I have the tv series " Jericho " in route to me now a movie about life after World War 3 . I did the same thing while on leave before I stepped on the plane enroute to the killing fields of Viet Nam .

My brother called and said they were at the hotel. I thought they were flying in tomorrow. Well, of course, I had to tell them to come on over and I would pick them up. Today was going to be my deep cleaning day, so I have going like crazy to get thing sorta clean prior to.

I really need to keep a neater house at all times, but I like the sunshine too much.

My brother called and said they were at the hotel. I thought they were flying in tomorrow. Well, of course, I had to tell them to come on over and I would pick them up. Today was going to be my deep cleaning day, so I have going like crazy to get thing sorta clean prior to.

I really need to keep a neater house at all times, but I like the sunshine too much.
Same here! I was watching some YouTube videos last jight and told my husband it was funny that every farm family had kind of a disheveled house inside. It's true, though! I've never known a farm family to have a "clean freak" clean home.

Same here! I was watching some YouTube videos last jight and told my husband it was funny that every farm family had kind of a disheveled house inside. It's true, though! I've never known a farm family to have a "clean freak" clean home.

I think part of that is that you have to have "stuff"....you have on hand all of the things most people go rent.

I think part of that is that you have to have "stuff"....you have on hand all of the things most people go rent.
True. We don't have much big equipment here because we're not on a farm (grew up on them, though, and there is a reason the barns are bigger than the houses even on little farms!)

Still, my laundry room is always crammed with our work clothes, boots, and evening animal supplies. Our medicine cabinet is overflowing with animal meds. It's always cluttered.

I have been patrolling my pigeon house last night and today toting a shotgun . A live trap baited with a piece of fried chicken is beside the pigeon house . I have been leaving the pigeon's small door to the enclosure open so they could leave and fly about as they pleased . Something found the small door opening about 4 inches by 8 inches and has gotten in to kill and haul out a few pigeons . As of now as last night the pigeon's exit door is closed and latched . I have been counting my pigeons often since the attack . The last attack occurred before full darkness yesterday evening as on one of my patrols found fresh blood on the concrete floor . As of now have 14 .

Latest posts

Back