Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it mean when your well water turns muddy?
That is a "cave in"...you have pulled water out of a softer piece of the world and not from a rocky place. The surrounding "rooftop" of your water hole has caved in a bit...We are seeing too many "sink holes" everywhere around the world from broken water pipes, too much oil or water being pumped out of a certain area and such...maybe you will get lucky and the dirty, muddy water will come out and the caved in area will not cave in any further and your water will clear up again....praying for your well...Gary

The silt is very fine with no sand so I am hoping it is not a cave in. It has been a couple of months since I ran it last (I have to wheel a generator over to it to run the pump) and at that time I drew samples for testing and it was crystal clear and the tests showed low turbidity.
I let it run a while to see if it would clear up, and after a while, the flow rate slowed down considerably.
It's a 78 foot well at a high point on a ridge, so runoff flows away from the well in all directions.
When I had a perc test they did not find the water table.

Its a real shame and disgrace that this country has become an INSULT to the patriots that kept the flag flying!!! The many that died to make our country great, and WE have LET it become a disgraceful wreck of a country!! THOSE brave men are turning over in their graves if they coul;d see what WE have done to THEIR country, cmon people, BE PROUD of our country, BE patriotic and dont give in to the satanic fools trying to ruin us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a good Day. Did a 2nd application on the Poison Hemlock infestation. Got 80% of it on the 1st round. This round should get it for this year, and still give me time to throw some seed to grow in the fall. Next year will be 2-4-D to try to nip it in the bud And let some grass grow on the hillside.
Sheriff neighbor sent out a group text that he is going to have a little shooting party. Already let dispatch know, so the Karen’s wont call it in and cops wont respond. Took the opportunity to zero a toy in.
First time I ever did the scopemount, bore sight myself. First 3 one on box, one on paper. 8 working my way up. Other 20 into each smaller diamond on the target. Pretty pleased.

I have toyed with the idea of getting some meat cows or goats...but since I have an ample supply of lean, organic, "free range" venison on the hoof, and I know how to kill, clean, butcher and cook it so that it is sweet, tender and succulent, it is not high on the priorities right now.
Frtkdgh.png
Hey Dr, I really enjoy reading your posts. I’ve read guys like James Wesley Rawls, and Jack Richland on this question, your post reminded me of the topic.

How long you figure it will take everyone in the urban communities to head out to the sticks to harvest deer and any other wild animal they are able to scavenge if the supply chains actually close down? I know it seems like there would be plenty of game, but once every person is forced to become a hunter, fisher or thief in order to feed his or her family, I wonder how long it will take to deplete the natural resources and for those with their heads in the sand now to think folks like many of us are simply going to stand by and watch them harvest the wild game that we currently harvest.
It’s an interesting conversation to have.

It’s also interesting to hear people on both sides of the issue either sure they will be able to poach at will or being able to stop others from poaching at will regardless of the size of the hunting party, assuming they will prevail in every circumstance. That’s a very dangerous and perhaps even a deadly assumption to make.

I know you’re skilled, my concern is for those unskilled being out there shooting at anything that moves in the woods, trying to score a meal for themselves and their loved ones.

Had a good Day. Did a 2nd application on the Poison Hemlock infestation. Got 80% of it on the 1st round. This round should get it for this year, and still give me time to throw some seed to grow in the fall. Next year will be 2-4-D to try to nip it in the bud And let some grass grow on the hillside.
Sheriff neighbor sent out a group text that he is going to have a little shooting party. Already let dispatch know, so the Karen’s wont call it in and cops wont respond. Took the opportunity to zero a toy in.
First time I ever did the scopemount, bore sight myself. First 3 one on box, one on paper. 8 working my way up. Other 20 into each smaller diamond on the target. Pretty pleased.
Wish we were rt neighbors, try a lazer bore sighter, you will be on zero in 3 shots

Wish we were rt neighbors, try a lazer bore sighter, you will be on zero in 3 shots
Had one, came with dead batteries, couldn’t find locally had to get batteries online. Been a dragged out process.
Overall, for my first attempt at mounting a scope I am happy. Was putting in a quarter size after 10 rounds.
Wasted more ammo with Gunsmith mounted Scopes.
I am a meat hunter, not a marksman.

Hey Dr, I really enjoy reading your posts. I’ve read guys like James Wesley Rawls, and Jack Richland on this question, your post reminded me of the topic.

How long you figure it will take everyone in the urban communities to head out to the sticks to harvest deer and any other wild animal they are able to scavenge if the supply chains actually close down?
Deer are remarkably adaptable animals.
Back in the late 60s, most of the hardwood forests around BOL1 were cleared to plant cotton and soybeans. We kept a block of 400 acres uncut that became an island in an ocean of cleared farmland. At that time, no land was posted and there were 10 times as many hunters in the area as now. Even with packs of dogs running through our land, and everybody and his brother trying to hunt there, they never managed to run all the deer out. The deer learned to run into the middle of the swamp as soon as they heard dogs, and wait there until all the dogs and people left. If deer can learn to elude a pack of deerhounds, they can easily learn to elude unskilled hunters stomping through the woods!

One day I decided to hang around after the dogs were collected and everyone else left.
Within a half hour a big buck came strutting out into the field.
From that point on, I only deer hunted when nobody else was around, and suddenly started killing more deer that everyone else combined.
We were advised by the game warden that we should post our land. It was not a popular move with the locals, let me tell you. For a number of years after that we had a major war with poachers who felt "entitled" to hunt there because they always had before, but we eventually won. My uncle gained quite a reputation in his dealing with poachers that spread far and wide. Everyone in the county and surrounding counties knew about the "Griffin woods" even though it wasn't really his land.

Latest posts

Back