Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1685966000057.jpeg

Little peep fell asleep reading.

I have been noticing smoke in the sky for weeks . It helps the garden to grow better as it shields water evaporation from the sun . I was sad to see the smoke disappear for 3 or 4 days as I knew without the smoke cover I would have to step up my watering of the garden . It appears to be back today but not as thick as before . --- This just goes to demonstrate the benefits of gardening after we get Nuked . A cloud cover can potentially help if the radioactive cloud doesn't settle down at your location . Then again I suppose if the cloud cover is too thick then it could do the opposite , sort of like trying to garden in a too Shadey of a location .

I wonder if that was what was going on yesterday, then. It was overcast but no rain. I got a sore throat after being outside but I thought it was just pollen.
Exactly correct . I didn't take so much notice of the atmosphere until my brother " a meteorologist " many years ago told me to notice the atmosphere as we had overhead , a dust cloud from dry conditions in Africa .

One of the things I have noticed about gardening in the south, after having grown up in the north is that many plants that say "full sun", do better in at least partial shade. The sun is so strong here vs the north. That leads me to wonder if there was a "nuclear winter" if the southern states might not catch as much of the brunt as the more northern ones?

One of the things I have noticed about gardening in the south, after having grown up in the north is that many plants that say "full sun", do better in at least partial shade. The sun is so strong here vs the north. That leads me to wonder if there was a "nuclear winter" if the southern states might not catch as much of the brunt as the more northern ones?
I have started planting some things in partial shade that say full sun and they do fine. I have to add moisture control soul to my gardens or they are so dry and hard nothing grows well.......except weeds.

Agreed. In SoCal I was constantly putting up shade cloth. Even in NorCal i had to put shade cloth over the tomato’s and eggplant last weekend.

You are totally correct. We tend to have brutal summer sun in Texas and have to put up sun shield clothes. When I started growing my backyard kitchen garden was when I really saw the benefits of partical shades in some plants.

I do enjoy watching Americas Got Talent, BUT the 1st act was a kid in a sequien green shirt. . . he says he was bullied at school. When seeing his act, I already knew.This is NOT normal behavior. Sorry no video to provide.

I'm sure all the acts will be blacks, gays, trans, etc... or if there white, they will be from Ukraine.

I am frustrating myself with this leftist news. I should go sit on the deck and crack a cold one.
It works for me. I seldom watch the "news shows". And never watch any of the doom and gloom talking heads that get posted here. They've been preaching the end of the world for a long time now. I find that I'm much happier without hearing their BS. It's mostly to pimp their books.

Latest posts

Back