Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a wisteria over the barn door. Looks purtey. Est. 50 yrs old.
Pain in my ###. Have to trim 3 times a year just to open the barn doors to get the tractor out.
wish there was a growth retardant to spray.
Cant seen to hinder it.

You have to get all of the roots. Find the main plant and cut out all of the spreading roots you can find. Then dig around the main root ball and start a fire. It is about the only way I found to control it. It might pop up somewhere else via the roots later. Rinse and repeat.

That place has spreading bamboo too....I've been fighting that now for 3+ years. PITA.

You have to get all of the roots. Find the main plant and cut out all of the spreading roots you can find. Then dig around the main root ball and start a fire. It is about the only way I found to control it. It might pop up somewhere else via the roots later. Rinse and repeat.

That place has spreading bamboo too....I've been fighting that now for 3+ years. PITA.
I think the roots are under the former barn foundation that is underneath the gravel in my drive.
Kinda neat when you find a pic of your place in the 40’s and can match up where things were/are by the old trees.

https://www.nola.com/news/environme...cle_8e10fef0-c9ae-11ed-b7a9-e76ae5e0c8c5.html

“Another toxic gas leak at chlorine plant causes anger in Lake Charles area​

BioLab plant incident forced I-10 closure and shelter-in-place order​

1679660045083.jpeg

A chlorine plant that burned to the ground and sent poisonous gas over Lake Charles a few years ago is again causing fear and anger with a new chemical accident just four months after reopening.

On Wednesday morning, people within a mile of the BioLab plant in Westlake were ordered to shelter in place for at least three hours after a chlorine gas leak was detected from a transfer line at the newly rebuilt facility. State police shut down both lanes of Interstate 10 to keep people from driving through the gas, which can damage lungs, eyes and skin.

“It was scary as all get out,” said Cindy Robertson, whose 84-year-old mother was volunteering at a church near the plant. “I didn’t know if she was on the road, or if the church knew to keep her inside, and I couldn’t get her on the phone.””

The cause of the leak is unknown. No injuries or illnesses were reported as of Thursday morning, state Department of Environmental Quality officials said. Hand-held air pollution monitors detected no harmful chemical levels after the incident.

The guy who reported this did report it as a fire…not a leak. He was clearly not correct.

Robin, I was given you credit in trying to learn how to talk Texas redneck, and all this time it was the lack of sleep and caffeine. lol

1. A Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on dinner. 2. A Republic: The flock gets to vote for which wolves vote on dinner. 3. A Constitutional Republic: Voting on dinner is expressly forbidden, and the sheep are armed. 4. Federal Government: The means by which the sheep will be fooled into voting for a Democracy. 5. Freedom: Two very hungry wolves looking for dinner and finding a very well-informed and well-armed sheep….

Latest posts

Back