Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is odd. Also the fact that your flock just invited them in.

We have a little road that goes by the lake and a few years ago someone dropped chickens, mostly roosters. Now there are feral chickens all down by the lake. The fisherman catch them sometimes . No, not with a rod and reel.
If it had been my old flock they would not have accepted them but the young pullets I have now are real sweethearts. I love the personality of the Buff Orphington breed of chicken and have had such good experiences with them.

The worst part about the mud is the dogs. I still haven't figured out a way to keep them from tracking mud in everywhere!

I bought my one rain boots. That was ridiculous and last less than 15 minutes.

Tried those boots too. Yeah, lasted less than 5 minutes!

We have wrap around porch, so we take them to the back or side and towel them off thoroughly. It’s a pain, but works.

I turned off every notification setting I could find on the forums I am on and now I find myself online a mere fraction of the time I used to be and I am really enjoying the change.

We just had 10 inches of snow, another 8 coming. I'm sure the lake will be screwed up yet again as we didn't have much ice before this wet snow came. The lake has been a slush bowl for the past 6 years. I think the days of getting a foot or two of good ice before the heavy stuff falls are gone.

After the census person snuck up to the house, I had a vision. A perimeter security system vision lol.

There are a bunch of different boards that can be bought for arduinos like PIR motion sensors, laser modules with receivers for beam break detection, etc. I ordered a bunch of it. I plan to build a dozen or so solar powered wireless alarm units that can be screwed to the trees that do beam break, PIR motion, sound detection, RF detection and also have a set of spring contacts for tripwire detection as well as each having an output that provides DC when activated. Each of those transmitters will be coded so that each alarm is unique and the type of detection is transmitted. Those signals will all go to one receiver inside a large picture frame holding a map of the area and place RGB LED lights inside so the corresponding area of the map lights up with the type of detection. There are things like this online already, but none under $500, and none that are decent for under $3k. I'm figuring it will cost me about $12 a unit :) Im also going to modulate the laser to prevent beam swapping and add data integrity checks and rolling channel frequencies so that jamming will also be detected.

I found a neat litle chip the size of my fingernail on mouser last night, its a 20dBm crystall-less RF transmitter that can be programmed to anything between 25MHz and 1GHz with an arduino for $3 each. I'm going to have some fun with this! I wish I had an investor lol because I could destroy the greedy perimeter security system market!

Last edited:
After the census person snuck up to the house, I had a vision. A perimeter security system vision lol.

There are a bunch of different boards that can be bought for arduinos like PIR motion sensors, laser modules with receivers for beam break detection, etc. I ordered a bunch of it. I plan to build a dozen or so solar powered wireless alarm units that can be screwed to the trees that do beam break, PIR motion, sound detection, RF detection and also have a set of spring contacts for tripwire detection as well as each having an output that provides DC when activated. Each of those transmitters will be coded so that each alarm is unique and the type of detection is transmitted. Those signals will all go to one receiver inside a large picture frame holding a map of the area and place RGB LED lights inside so the corresponding area of the map lights up with the type of detection. There are things like this online already, but none under $500, and none that are decent for under $3k. I'm figuring it will cost me about $12 a unit :) Im also going to modulate the laser to prevent beam swapping and add data integrity checks and rolling channel frequencies so that jamming will also be detected.

I found a neat litle chip the size of my fingernail on mouser last night, its a 20dBm crystall-less RF transmitter that can be programmed to anything between 25MHz and 1GHz with an arduino for $3 each. I'm going to have some fun with this! I wish I had an investor lol because I could destroy the greedy perimeter security system market!
Once you get the system up and working, post what you have (without the technical jargon) and you might be able to sell your system to us preppers. Just a thought.

Trump’s big announcement. Really hope he is pissed and ready to SHUT DOWN the DEEP STATE!! I was disappointed when Hilary didn’t go to jail his first term (that’s what he ran on, lock her up) and she should have in my opinion along with many others.

It made me pretty nauseous, which is strange.
Nausea and headaches are normal if the CDS is killing bad things in your body and the accompanying poisons in the virus or bacteria is flowing thru your bloodstream...good sign. God bless and keep trying, life is worth it.

Nausea and headaches are normal if the CDS is killing bad things in your body and the accompanying poisons in the virus or bacteria is flowing thru your bloodstream...good sign. God bless and keep trying, life is worth it.
Well, that is good news!
I'm back on my supplement supports, detox, and etc., too. Keeping my hopes up.

These are my new little guys. We pick them up on Dec 23rd.

Attachments

• D10A2F1B-2B36-4FE3-A371-43D8C800F54B.jpeg
    D10A2F1B-2B36-4FE3-A371-43D8C800F54B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 01826FCF-60F4-47F3-952C-DBED32AF94D2.jpeg
    01826FCF-60F4-47F3-952C-DBED32AF94D2.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back