Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought the same thing myself! Would not be surprised if this was a Red Flag event by the deep state. The last I saw they were blaming it on…wait for it…Right Wing folks who didn’t want a drag Queen show, aka, Child Grooming event in their town.

The more I think on this, the more I believe we are intentionally and methodically being destabilized. To see what is coming next, look at whatever pillar or society is most stable at the moment. That is likely to be the next thing to cattywampus.

Agree! On all fronts. The economic collapse is clearly being slow walked, but will, without a doubt, happen. Energy is methodically as well as drastically being reduced. And last, our food supply is being greatly affected. I believe we will see the EU and other countries populations starving in 2023. Us, in a famine no later than 2024. Without fertilizer at least 2 billion will starve to death!

Agree! On all fronts. The economic collapse is clearly being slow walked, but will, without a doubt, happen. Energy is methodically as well as drastically being reduced. And last, our food supply is being greatly affected. I believe we will see the EU and other countries populations starving in 2023. Us, in a famine no later than 2024. Without fertilizer at least 2 billion will starve to death!

I don't know if starvation will directly kill or if it will be the wars that ensue over fuel and food but, certain people in leadership positions have made it quite clear that the population "issue" must be dealt with.

Wife woke me up around 12:45 last night. Sure enough a yipping coyote close enough to hear through the front door.
Grabbed a welcoming committee and went out a side door. Could hear its exchange with neighbors dogs. Soon stopped as I walked around front.
Never saw it. Close, but not in range of motion detector lights.
Did find I got to replace the battery of the fore end light of the welcoming committee.
We have a family of coyotes and one of them my husband said is as big as a wolf.

Stumbled across some pups a couple years ago. I didn't have the heart to kill them. Three ducks and three chickens later, I wish I did.

We have a family of coyotes and one of them my husband said is as big as a wolf.

Stumbled across some pups a couple years ago. I didn't have the heart to kill them. Three ducks and three chickens later, I wish I did.
We see and hear coyotes around here all the time. I've seen their tracks on our back deck before. Last summer a coyote would come down and play with our dogs in the back yard. I trap a lot of coyotes around the area during winter when the fur is prime, but seldom do I trap them on our property. They do far more good than harm. As long as we've had chickens we've only lost one. And that was from a fox a few years ago, which I trapped. We did lose a few ducks to coyotes a couple years ago, before we started penning them up at night. Recently we've lost several ducks to owls and weasels. I don't see the owls during the day time so I can't shoot them. I've set out some weasel traps so I hope that will end that problem.

We see and hear coyotes around here all the time. I've seen their tracks on our back deck before. Last summer a coyote would come down and play with our dogs in the back yard. I trap a lot of coyotes around the area during winter when the fur is prime, but seldom do I trap them on our property. They do far more good than harm. As long as we've had chickens we've only lost one. And that was from a fox a few years ago, which I trapped. We did lose a few ducks to coyotes a couple years ago, before we started penning them up at night. Recently we've lost several ducks to owls and weasels. I don't see the owls during the day time so I can't shoot them. I've set out some weasel traps so I hope that will end that problem.
It definitely wasn't coyotes all the time. Once, I know it was a racoon because it opened the duck shed's latch. But ai know at least twice it was a coyote.

My kids wanted to take the pups and raise them as our own dogs. My husband wouldn't agree to that one!

They were really cute. I have a photo of them somewhere.

20200429_134811.jpg
20200429_111938.jpg

It definitely wasn't coyotes all the time. Once, I know it was a racoon because it opened the duck shed's latch. But ai know at least twice it was a coyote.

My kids wanted to take the pups and raise them as our own dogs. My husband wouldn't agree to that one!

They were really cute. I have a photo of them somewhere.
I've been trapping coyotes for around 50 years now and have a great amount of respect for them. They have been shot, trapped and poisoned for many years in an effort to eliminate them. Any yet they still thrive today. Yes, some times they cause some mischief and need to be put down. We get along just fine with them here though. I see an occasional wolf around here too, and they're also welcome. Of course my livestock comes first and I'll protect them anyway I can.

My trail cams tell me I have a nightly coyote visitor around 4:30am.
This one was unusual and sounded like a young one barking at the neighbors dogs.
I have neighbors that have issues and actively try to eradicate their problem coyotes.
I may have to start helping them. 5 years ago, it was nothing to have a flock of 20 turkeys around. This fall not a single bird.
Something is out of wack in the ecosystem here. And predators barking in the perimeter is a sure sign.

My trail cams tell me I have a nightly coyote visitor around 4:30am.
This one was unusual and sounded like a young one barking at the neighbors dogs.
I have neighbors that have issues and actively try to eradicate their problem coyotes.
I may have to start helping them. 5 years ago, it was nothing to have a flock of 20 turkeys around. This fall not a single bird.
Something is out of wack in the ecosystem here. And predators barking in the perimeter is a sure sign.
You think maybe it's the dogs and cats running loose that are killing the turkeys and game birds? I see coyotes all the time. I also see herds of 100 turkeys or more, plus hundreds of quail on the way to town. And coyotes in the same area too. Coyotes get blamed for a lot of what dogs and cats are actually killing.

You think maybe it's the dogs and cats running loose that are killing the turkeys and game birds? I see coyotes all the time. I also see herds of 100 turkeys or more, plus hundreds of quail on the way to town. And coyotes in the same area too. Coyotes get blamed for a lot of what dogs and cats are actually killing.
2 of my property boarders are a 7000 acre park and my backside is a big city’s watershed property. Even my neighbors tell me I have the best lot for game.
I see more coyotes than dogs. The only cats are named Bob and Mt Lion. Culprit could be fox. According to maps, it’s grey fox range. But I know better and it’s a nasty little federally protected one.
Quail have been normal. It’s just the turkey that’s been way down.

2 of my property boarders are a 7000 acre park and my backside is a big city’s watershed property. Even my neighbors tell me I have the best lot for game.
I see more coyotes than dogs. The only cats are named Bob and Mt Lion. Culprit could be fox. According to maps, it’s grey fox range. But I know better and it’s a nasty little federally protected one.
Quail have been normal. It’s just the turkey that’s been way down.

Here is one my son took down last year because it was getting his chickens.

1670368391318.png

Coyotes gotta make a living too. I think in populated areas coyotes could be more of a problem that out where we are. Also it's been proven that in populated areas dogs and house cats kill more game and birds than coyotes do. It's just that most people don't like to admit that their pets are out running game. Years ago a rancher asked me to trap some coyotes that were killing his calves. I told him it wasn't coyotes but dogs that were the culprit. He didn't belive me, until I caught several dogs including his and no coyotes. The calf killing stopped.

Latest posts

Back