Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys get postal service? The official Zip code I am in, you have to drive through 2 other zips to get to the post office. The postmaster there wont give the territory up to the closest post office. He won’t deliver up here either.
I could get a PO Box at the closest Post Office, but couldn’t get packages delivered there. The best solution is a Mailboxes Etc type place.
I think USPS owes me $450 a year + gas money, so I am not a fan of them.
We get mail service 3 days a week up here. Our mail box is on the county road 2 miles from the house. If a USPS package doesn't fit in our mailbox he leaves a note for us to pick it up in town at the post office. When our chick order comes in the girl at the post office calls and leaves a message for us to come in and pick them up.
UPS will drop packages off at our lower gate or he'll call and see if we want him to drop if off at the bar in town. Sometimes if the UPS driver sees my Jeep or truck in town he'll drop off the package in the vehicle. I never lock the doors.
I wouldn't expect anyone to deliver at our house. Our driveway is 2 miles long and I've got 3 gates.

We get mail service 3 days a week up here. Our mail box is on the county road 2 miles from the house. If a USPS package doesn't fit in our mailbox he leaves a note for us to pick it up in town at the post office. When our chick order comes in the girl at the post office calls and leaves a message for us to come in and pick them up.
UPS will drop packages off at our lower gate or he'll call and see if we want him to drop if off at the bar in town. Sometimes if the UPS driver sees my Jeep or truck in town he'll drop off the package in the vehicle. I never lock the doors.
I wouldn't expect anyone to deliver at our house. Our driveway is 2 miles long and I've got 3 gates.
The 14 houses up here can’t even get a group mailbox at the nearest intersection 3 miles down the hill from me.
UPS comes up. Fed Ex business comes up. Fed Ex home comes up on Saturday only. Amazon has been coming up lately 7 days a week. You never know how a package is going to be shipped.
County maintains the road. Even put a stop sign on a narrow 1 lane section above me.

We're supposed to get severe thunderstorms this afternoon with likely hail in some areas. Looks like I'll need to go throw a tarp over my city grow-bag garden out back so those young plants & herbs don't get beaten to death. We ate mustard greens from this garden last night. Now I remember why they are the only geens I'm not so fond of........too bitter for me.
Grow Bag Garden May.JPG

Yeah, I don’t grow mustard greens for that reason. Just too bitter. But your container garden is looking fabulous!!

I’m in the kitchen all day canning chicken. Hubby won’t go along with raising meat birds, so I bought 40# of chicken and will can that…then buy some more to can!

Wondering how much chicken everyone is or has put up?

I'm putting 40 lbs. Of beef and 50lbs. Of chicken in the freezer. I don't do Canning, I know how, but no one else wants to do it. I have to much to do already.

I already have a good bit of venison, wild pig and sausage in freezer. Seafood I can get fresh anytime.

I used to own a 21 c.f. chest freezer. Oh, how I wish I still had it. When we sized down our house 5 years ago, I just went with a 15c.f. upright for here in the city. When things got a little dicey last year, I could only round up a 7 c.f. chest freezer (and that's pretty much all you see in the big box stores or on-line these days, because I now know they don't WANT us storing food!), so I only have meat in my BOL little freezer. Equal amounts of beef, chicken, pork with some bacon and sausage thrown in as well. But when the grid goes down, and we're out of generator fuels, I'll have to start canning like a son of a gun to save the meat. All doable, but stressful and tiring, to say the least. Just not looking forward to any of it.

Last edited:
They are still getting our forecasts wrong. We were supposed to have rain Tues thru Friday and we are still dry. Supposed to get some later. My seedling need it.

Been watering my gardens and greenhouse almost daily. Peas are blossoming so they need lots of water right now. Radishes area about ready to harvest. Red cabbage growing much better than the Early Dutch.

. But when the grid goes down, and we're out of generator fuels, I'll have to start canning like a son of a gun to save the meat. All doable, but stressful and tiring, to say the least. Just not looking forward to any of it.

You and me both! Llike you, my freezer is full, so I am canning.

Thanks to HowBadIsMyBatch.com anyone can go and see how bad each batch is. Most batches are not, so it seems like either bad quality control, or somebody intentionally spiking some batches.
Mine was in the top 20 bad batches (out of thousands of batches).
I don't worry about a bad batch,,, I will never take the vaccine,,,, I expect
the die off to start around 2030

Latest posts

Back