Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday my son and daughter and grandkids were swimming in the river. My daughter looked up and saw a couple little fingers poking out of the water. My son jumped in and saved a 1 year old little girl. They got the water out of her lungs and she started breathing on her own. Looks like she'll be fine.
This shows that you never know when a disaster might strike and to be prepared for anything. Its a good thing that my son and daughter just happened to be there at the right time and knew what to do.

Anyone got any ideas about the ammunition shortage???

I'm set for primers and brass for 45 ACP, and loaded ammo. But I'm down below 500 on bullets. Too hot to cast right now, but Midway is allowing backorders on 230 gr XTPs, 230 gr Speer FMJs, 230 grain Sierra Sports Master, 230 grain Meister Hard Cast LRNs, and 230 grain Hunters Supply LRNs. There are Sierra 230 grain Tournament Master FMJs available, but those are too pricey for me. If you aren't picky about bullet weights there are 165 grain, 185 grain, and 200 grain available.

Nowhere near as bad as things were during the Obama shortages...at least not yet...

The shortage in ammo is simply supply and demand issue, ammo is made in batches such as 223, 556,9mm,40 cal , 45 or 22lr . When they set the machines up to run a particular caliber they want to produce , they may run a couple million rounds of that caliber before they change to another caliber and with so many panic/ new gun buyers they can’t keep up with demand. Not to mention on election years it’s almost always this way. I learned during and obummer years to stock up on a couple thousand round for each caliber I shoot as to not be in a bind when ammo is in short supply. Key word is buy it when you can afford to weather you need it or not .

You didn't learn anything from the dark days of obumer?
I sure did. At the time I was active in IDPA and rimfire steel matches. When reloading bullets were nowhere to be found I started casting my own bullets for IDPA and changed powders to whatever I could find until I ran out of primers. I was practicing with an Airsoft 1911 in the back yard to save ammo for the matches. I had to give up on the rimfire steel matches because what little 22 ammo I could find would not cycle my gun right.

Since then I've bought two ammo cans for 45 ACP, one for 9mm (even though I rarely shoot it) and one for 22, and try to keep them full. I bought a Mini-14 just so I would have a 223 because reloading it is cheap, and stocked up on that too. Since I'm not competing at the moment I'm not going through 500 - 1000 rounds a week, so I'm pretty well fixed for ammo.

Are they still doing rolling blackouts there? I remember it would happen 15-20 years ago or so

Latest posts

Back