Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
word of advice - even after you get your paperwork & cards - seem to have everything in place - watch for any additional BS paperwork that comes your way - especially if you signed up for Medicare at the same time ....
I didn't have paperwork. Did it by phone. It was about 10 minutes and done.

I am still playing the “should I do it now or wait game”. As long as my wife still works in town, waiting seems best.
When you sign up, make sure you can get the medicare too. My dad "retired" at 62 but they won't give him medical till he is 65. Now, he is back at work just for the medical, which will either mess up his benefits, or, get him in trouble come tax time for not adjusting his income.

When you sign up, make sure you can get the medicare too. My dad "retired" at 62 but they won't give him medical till he is 65. Now, he is back at work just for the medical, which will either mess up his benefits, or, get him in trouble come tax time for not adjusting his income.
Thats part of the game. Medicare starts at 65. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I am in a more fortunate and trickier situation than most. I actually ”retired” 6 years ago ( I work harder now than I ever did). I have made us more on 2 properties than I could working. If I keep up this pace I can actually stop at 70. I want to live at my current BOL property until I am at least 80.

There is a saying, behind every successful Rancher, there is a wife that works in town. Since my ranch doesn’t produce anything except a home for my wife’s failed business venture ponies. It’s good thing she works in town.

My dad "retired" at 62 but they won't give him medical till he is 65. Now, he is back at work just for the medical, which will either mess up his benefits, or, get him in trouble come tax time for not adjusting his income.
Yep, a real cluster 性交 when you retire early. Fortunately we were able to switch to my wife's company policy for a few years until I was eligible for Medicare. My out of pocket expenses, both deductibles and co-pays have been way way way less with Medicare than with her company policy. And her policy was one of the so called "Gold" policies.

I just retired early but won’t be able to take SS for about 5 years yet. I’ll take it at 62 1/2. Yes I won’t bring home as much but gambling that I’m going to live into my 80’s just didn’t add up to me. Either way, honestly the amount you get from SS isn’t that much anyways, even if you collect the highest amount. Thankfully I worked hard and saved my whole life. I’d be really worried if I had to survive off just SS.

Yep, a real cluster 性交 when you retire early. Fortunately we were able to switch to my wife's company policy for a few years until I was eligible for Medicare. My out of pocket expenses, both deductibles and co-pays have been way way way less with Medicare than with her company policy. And her policy was one of the so called "Gold" policies.
Exactly. Been toying with taking one of my pensions because the company sold off a subsidiary today to balance their balance sheet. It was the healthiest of their products.
They offered me a ridiculously low buy out 5 years ago. Chips and soda must not be doing too well.
I think I should get it while I can.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
I was at work when I responded to you on a quick break. This honestly has torn my heart out. Since the neighbors knew they had aggressive dogs, maybe? they should be held accountable for at least the vet bill. Even if they didn't realize the aggressiveness, they should still be liable for the vet bill. I know I have an aggressive dog with another that would follow the lead and I take every precaution to prevent any incidences. I can only expect others would try to prevent incidences too. A few years back, we had a little stray get thru the fence, somehow. It did not go well. . . . I took the little guy to the vet hoping, But the vet said there was no hope so I chose to put him down, not even to this date knowing the true owner, I felt very bad since it was my dogs, but in their defense it happened on their property.

Latest posts

Back