Bullet Proof Vests (cheaper than you thought)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soft body armor was designed to stop the bullet of the weapon of the LEO that is wearing it. Don't count on any soft body armor to stop any rifle bullets. This includes 22lr bullets. The weave in the kevlar is not tight enough for that small of a caliber.
Military style armor with plates are designed for rifle bullets. They are heavy and cumbersome to wear. In hot climates it brings on other challenges such as heat exhaustion for any type of body armor.

Personally, I strongly encourage everyone to put money into food, water and other preps long before investing into body armor. I base my opinion on the fact I wear body armor daily.
Can only agree with common sense , body armor is a ( bit over the top) . If your bug out plan demands a bullet proof vest , maybe one needs to rethink that plan.................Of course , if its a fetish , by all means get yourself a vest.

I am new to vest ownership.
I was given a vest, and am curious if it is any good..... I have my doubts. It has a manufacture date of October 2001. I was told 5 years is the max you want to keep a vest.
It is made by Point Blank and called the Intercepter OTV. It says it protects against 9mm submachine gun or lesser threats.

5 years is the warranty on a vest from the manufacturer, since it no longer hold the a MFGW police departments have to get a new one due to their own contract and insurance policy there are here is a link of a vest from 2001 we shoot, it still stopped every round it was rated for Plus rounds it was not rated for. If you have any question about Body Armor please feel free to PM me or ask in forums.

Latest posts

Back