Arkansas has medical marijuana with a catch....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking dope is smoking DOPE.
Getting drunk is getting DRUNK.
Both have a negative influence on the mind and the 1st place in the brain
both affect immediately is the ability to reason.
Why an impaired person will drive a car feeling "I ain't that bad."
A drug is a drug, is a drug, is a drug,............................

If y'all wanna get stoned go for it.
I approve. After all it makes more room for those of us that don't get stoned.
Famous last words: "it never hurt me. I love being a dead beat pot head."

The states are starting to wake up about medical cannabis. No I'm not talking about smoking joints for health benefits. I'm talking about medicines containing Cannabidiol (CBD) which lacks the psychoactivity and interference with psychomotor learning and psychological functions associated with THC. In other words, it's possible to use medical cannabis without getting high.

Now the federal government just needs to get its act together. The National Institute on Drug Abuse has been funding medical cannabis research at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) Pharmacy School for decades. It even provides joints to a few remaining participates of the "Compassionate Investigational New Drug (IND) Program", grown in the only legal marijuana field in the country (right on the Ole Miss campus in Oxford, MS):
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d34.3594167!4d-89.5522222

well I never thought I would see the day when the biggest drug dealer around was the FEDS...........I see no value in this at all,just more grief caused by someone who is high,,,,,and before anyone gets on me because I don't approve,,,,,what if it is your child that either dies because of some one getting their jolly's or causes some else to be killed or crippled,,,,and don't for a minute think it will not have a affect on the work place,,,it already does

well I never thought I would see the day when the biggest drug dealer around was the FEDS...........I see no value in this at all,just more grief caused by someone who is high,,,,,and before anyone gets on me because I don't approve,,,,,what if it is your child that either dies because of some one getting their jolly's or causes some else to be killed or crippled,,,,and don't for a minute think it will not have a affect on the work place,,,it already does

We really need more people under the influence on the roadways?

I think with all the opioids and even alcohol that are more debilitating than cannibus, what's wrong with trying something milder? Also, when you use the extract that has the THC removed, which is the part that gets you high, wouldn't that be a lot better than what's allready out there? I'm not pro pot here, just trying to use common sense.

I think with all the opioids and even alcohol that are more debilitating than cannibus, what's wrong with trying something milder? Also, when you use the extract that has the THC removed, which is the part that gets you high, wouldn't that be a lot better than what's allready out there? I'm not pro pot here, just trying to use common sense.

anything that is mind altering I do not approve of,,,I like knowing where I am and what I am doing at all times,,

Smoke pot all you want.
Drink all the alcohol you want.
It makes room for those that don't to excel.
They don't call dopers "pot heads" for nothing.
I've met regular users of pot that were lethargic and only motivated to smoke dope.
No or poor job, unable to see themselves for what they had become.
My former b.i.l. has been on the dole for DECADES. He and his tattooed wife
live in a hovel with no shame, no ambition.
But heck! Light up and have a recreational great time.
Legalizing the chit might put the pot dealers out of business.
After all there is more profit in dealing heroin.
Heroin. Epidemic here in Ohio. Averaging about 3 overdose deaths a week in
just my area.
So sad, too bad.
Ever meet a really good looking young woman from a decent background turned to
prostitution just to get another fix?
I've met LOTS. I do volunteer work for victims of drug and alcohol abuse.
Young women from good backgrounds with real potential turned prostitute
with AIDS, HERPES, S.T.D.'s.
Clean 'em up and they still have aids, herpes,....................................
A person can drink a beer an not be under the influence.
People smoke a joint ONLY TO GET STONED.
Get it?

Light up and have a lethargic ball for all I care.

It's not as simple as that.

It's primarily the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in marijuana that gets you high. THC is the component that lowers intra-ocular pressure (IOP) of the eye, but one problem is that it only lasts for three hours, and the IOP needs to be lowered 24 hours. That means you'd have to take THC every three hours or 8 times a day to be an effective treatment for glaucoma. Almost everything I have found on using marijuana for glaucoma says that it's not the best treatment. So that article sounds like someone whining that they can't get their "legal high" without consequences.

But THC isn't the only cannabinoid. There are a number of cannabinoids in marijuana, many with beneficial side effects, and most are not psychoactive. One, tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), actually counteracts the psychoactivity of THC.

Cannibidiol (CBD) is no more mind altering than Tylonol, and that is the component that probably has the most medical applications.

BUT, because it comes from marijuana, you have to grow marijuana to extract it, making the production for medicinal purposes illegal by federal law.

Except for the Pharmacy School at Ole Miss :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back