Anxiety

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@LexiRae , the only time in my life I was totally stressed out with lab-documented off-the-chart cortisol levels was after my Dad died and my brother in Seattle was trying to micromanage when/how I managed my mother's health long-distance. I was at my wit's end, with a wide variety of physical symptoms (including shingles) that were sending me to multiple doctors they could not explain with tests. I casually mentioned my anxiety and stress on a low-carb forum one day and a member I respected recommended something called Relora. I ordered some and started taking it (and did so for a year or so, until my brother passed away, actually. It seemed to really work (for me, at least) to "calm my nerves". Even my husband noticed I "had a shorter fuse" than what I had previously exhibited right after my father died. Might help you, might not. As I recall, it was around $10 a bottle? but that was 15 years ago and it may be more now.

@LexiRae , the only time in my life I was totally stressed out with lab-documented off-the-chart cortisol levels was after my Dad died and my brother in Seattle was trying to micromanage when/how I managed my mother's health long-distance. I was at my wit's end, with a wide variety of physical symptoms (including shingles) that were sending me to multiple doctors they could not explain with tests. I casually mentioned my anxiety and stress on a low-carb forum one day and a member I respected recommended something called Relora. I ordered some and started taking it (and did so for a year or so, until my brother passed away, actually. It seemed to really work (for me, at least) to "calm my nerves". Even my husband noticed I "had a shorter fuse" than what I had previously exhibited right after my father died. Might help you, might not. As I recall, it was around $10 a bottle? but that was 15 years ago and it may be more now.
I’ve never heard of it! Thank you! I added it to the list and will look into it today. I ordered a punching bag and gloves last night to up my workout routine bc I have noticed that the exercise seems to be helping quite a bit

My daughter takes the CBD whenever she is about to go nuclear on her kids, her husband or some poor schmuck engineer. She swears by it and even wanted me to take it over the last year when I was trying to wrap up my last projects and the govt kept screwing with me. I have no anxiety now... amazing how retirement does that for you.

A day at the range seems to do wonders for my angst.

I used to take therapy when Obama was Prez. When I felt the frustration building, I'd go buy a box or two of ammo. Eventually had to build a room to store it all. But it was far cheaper than a pshyrink and a great investment.

BTW, I forgot to add one detail to my previous bee youtube. Listen to it with good headphones. Once you recover from the initial heart attack, it's amazingly soothing.

Hi Lexi, I suffered anxiety at the beginning of the first lockdown. I take the dog and daughter on long dog walks, exercise releases the good chemicals in your brain (as I’m sure you’re aware) you have to do it daily and get your heart pumping. Try running for a bit then walking, there’s a name for it but can’t remember it. I take vitamin D as we rarely see the sun in winter months. Board games, not cluedo but things like catan/ lords of water deep, helped me to focus on something other. If board games aren’t your thing learn something new like crocheting ( my niece learned from YouTube) good luck, we are here if you need support, you are not alone x
Those of us in the UK don’t get anywhere near enough vitamin D, low levels caused me anxiety and depression I’m now on 8000iu a day for the last 2 years and I’m much better, also good for prevention of cold flu and covid

Those of us in the UK don’t get anywhere near enough vitamin D, low levels caused me anxiety and depression I’m now on 8000iu a day for the last 2 years and I’m much better, also good for prevention of cold flu and covid
I am just curious. . . why not? Being outside is free and at least in my life, being outside for hours at a time is normal.

I am just curious. . . why not? Being outside is free and at least in my life, being outside for hours at a time is normal.
Basically long dark dismal wet winters with a very limited amount of sunlight. We have had winters where it has virtually rained every day for two months solid. Our springs and summers can be equally dismal so there’s no way sunlight alone can produce enough vitamin d in our bodies. As I’m an agricultural contractor most of my spring and summer is spent in a tractor driving for up to 12 hours per day so not exactly out in the sun topping up my vitamin d levels

Not surprised. If you're told your job is not essential, you can't support your family, you have to stay at home, and if someone you love is dying in the hospital you can't even say goodbye to them, you can't visit family or friends, even Christmas was "cancelled", many churches are shut down, and there's food shortages.

Most people can't handle that.

Latest posts

Back