Must Read Americans read this (especially the last sentence)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to meet the asshat that let stink bugs into the states, so I can slap the hair off their head.

View attachment 10309

We started getting the brown marmorated here about 8 or nine years ago in Washington, during the fall they get in the homes and lay eggs, by spring those eggs hatch and infest everything and destroy plants, they come from asia I believe.

Gotta give it to you Dr.H, you do your best to keep things straight. Gonna give in and not have a big discussion, but not going to take back all I said. Just do not want to start doing the footwork to find what I read and where it was...
I know what I discussed with many older German soldiers back in the 70's and 80's before they all started dying out. I know what I read over the years also. Just don't know where anymore, anyway, here is a foto from Hungary. The first found site of the potato bug there, but not in the 1800's.

220px-Krumplibog%C3%A1r_szobor02_-_H%C3%A9derv%C3%A1r.JPG
Statue of the Colorado potato beetle in Hédervár, Hungary. It marks the discovery of the beetle at the site in 1947 during the rapid spread of the pest in Europe throughout the 20th century.(copyright, Wikipedia)
I stand corrected if you are actually right tho....GP

Some of the potato beetles DID spread from American military bases in Bordeaux after WWI. They came in with the potatoes the GIs were eating. The GIs ate a lot of potatoes.

They were first noticed in the US in 1859 in Nebraska. American entomologist Charles Valentine Riley began warning Europeans in 1871 about the potential for an accidental infestation from potato imports. Consequently, Germany, Belgium, France and Switzerland banned imports of American potatoes in 1875. But by 1877 they started appearing across the pond. The UK eradicated them 163 times at least.

We started getting the brown marmorated here about 8 or nine years ago in Washington, during the fall they get in the homes and lay eggs, by spring those eggs hatch and infest everything and destroy plants, they come from asia I believe.

Yep, those are the ones I am talking about. Luckily, they are staying on and in my shop, and not my home. When they get up in numbers, I use a large shop vac to get them as they are just coming out for heat. I put a trash bag in the shop vac so I can toss it out easily. I pretend they smell like doughnuts so it doesn't bother me.

Just remember, some stink bugs are good even though they might look like the bad ones.
Guy on the left: GOOD - Spined soldier bug - eats Colorado potato beetle larvae - the spines are the clue
Guy on the right: BAD - Brown marmorated stink bug
0WvEld4.png

Latest posts

Back