Anxiety

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CBD is extracted from hemp plants (yes cannabis). There are many strains of cannabis, each with its own mixture of cannabinoids. Along side THC and CBD, there are hundreds of other chemically similar compounds also produced. It is usually the mixture of these that give specific strains their effectiveness toward certain ailments. THC alone is psychoactive. Low THC strains that are high in CBD are usually chosen for commercial CBD oils, but again, each can be a little different as they contain different chemicals similar in structure. These can interact synergistically.

An interesting tid bit... If cannabidiol (CBD) is refluxed in an acid, the terminal alkene on the terpene side of the molecule cyclizes with the oxygen on the aromatic ring forming THC (among a couple other things also naturally occuring in the plant). Makes one wonder why all these hemp fields dripping in CBD aren't stuffed in beakers lol.

I use herbal teas. A great source is Mountain Rose Herbs. Experiment with a small amount of a few of their teas to find one that works with your body. I eventually just started growing many of my own herbs for teas. Chamomile is one that is super easy to grow and dry and is good for anxiety. Add some local honey for an added boost.

A pound of chamomile tea at this company runs about $6 and you use a teaspoon at a time.

I use herbal teas. A great source is Mountain Rose Herbs. Experiment with a small amount of a few of their teas to find one that works with your body. I eventually just started growing many of my own herbs for teas. Chamomile is one that is super easy to grow and dry and is good for anxiety. Add some local honey for an added boost.

A pound of chamomile tea at this company runs about $6 and you use a teaspoon at a time.
Isnt mullien tea good for anxiety too?

This is great dd! I was looking for an herbal remedy that I can grow myself!

This is great dd! I was looking for an herbal remedy that I can grow myself!

Hi Lexirae, if you look into chamomille, baldrian, ginko and moringia, you will find the combination you need to HELP your anxiety. The CURE for your anxiety is another thing....The probable cause is your overdose of negative info since the CORONA BS, being a single mama and having too many bad people around you. Loud and aggresive persons are a vexation to your spirit. Also, stop telling yourself that you failed in your relationship with your childs father, he made the mistakes and you pulled the plug for reasons only you know and to make life better for your self and your little one. Life is good, you are a good person, remember above all things in hard times: IF YOU DO NOT CONSIDER YOURSELF A PERSON WORTH LOVING, WHY SHOULD OTHERS??
PEACE comes from within, BE at peace with yourself and it will get better, LOVE, GARY

Your physical health is important in SHTF, obviously, because otherwise you die. But people overlook their mental health, and that needs to be good, too. Mental and physical go hand in hand. You're no good to yourself or anyone else if you're sick, so choose to feel well! Running worst case scenarios in your head is ok as long as you actively work on worst case solutions, and don't just create anxiety in your brain that leaves you doing nothing.

Go out a lot to the fresh air, preferably in the forest if it has one nearby. If you can't figure out the trigger of fear, hypnosis would be a possibility, or even mystical music. Let yourself fall to the music, it's best to do it on a thin mat on the floor.
Whenever possible, leave the finders dependent on anxiety-solving drugs that make you dependent and if in a crisis the chemistry stuff no longer exists you have a big problem.
I wish you the best to get out of it, the way can be tough, but you will manage to do that.

I’m looking for old home remedies for anxiety. I’ve done some browsing online but was hoping I could gather some ideas from y’all. I’ve started taking Krav Maga, I already use a singing bowl for meditation, and I do yoga. But are there any herbal remedies you have heard of besides the usual lavender etc?
I guess you could try a bottle of Wild Turkey, vodka or fine Scotch plus a good Havana. It works for me.

Find a soundtrack of light rain and thunder with loons in the background and listen to it in the dark while rubbing your left palm with your right thumb and eyes closed. I usually just go outside for that, but its winter. Unfortunately, most on youtube sound fake as hell or are destroyed by music. Every one on youtube starts with a loon call they dont make during a light rain. Living on a lake ruined the edited versions for me...

Last edited:
Hi Lexi, I suffered anxiety at the beginning of the first lockdown. I take the dog and daughter on long dog walks, exercise releases the good chemicals in your brain (as I’m sure you’re aware) you have to do it daily and get your heart pumping. Try running for a bit then walking, there’s a name for it but can’t remember it. I take vitamin D as we rarely see the sun in winter months. Board games, not cluedo but things like catan/ lords of water deep, helped me to focus on something other. If board games aren’t your thing learn something new like crocheting ( my niece learned from YouTube) good luck, we are here if you need support, you are not alone x

Everyone, thank you so much for all the information and kind words. I have taken notes and written literally everything down, from the mullein to the Wild Turkey and Thai massages. 😂I really appreciate y’all and if I’m not checking in for a bit, now you know why.

Latest posts

Back