Anxiety

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LexiRae

Reaction score
I’m looking for old home remedies for anxiety. I’ve done some browsing online but was hoping I could gather some ideas from y’all. I’ve started taking Krav Maga, I already use a singing bowl for meditation, and I do yoga. But are there any herbal remedies you have heard of besides the usual lavender etc?

I go out and pet a few of my beloved critters. Right now times are challenging I will admit but this helps me deal with "todays" issues. Watching the new additions are just fun to watch "hopping" around from here to there.

Taking 2 of these might help....

fetch.php

I go out and pet a few of my beloved critters. Right now times are challenging I will admit but this helps me deal with "todays" issues. Watching the new additions are just fun to watch "hopping" around from here to there.
I have one pup that I rescued off the street and I board dogs for one of my jobs. I have noticed that my anxiety is managed better when I have more pups around me actually!

Two suggestions.
First, Reverend Langstroth about 150 years ago discovered that listening to the humming of flying bees was the only thing that could calm his extreme depression. Today he is known as the father of modern beekeeping.

Second, this is a technique I learned decades ago. Sit in a yoga-like position. Close your eyes. On each hand, touch your thumb and middle fingers, with the other 3 extended. Start with a easy hmm... do it 3 times..... "hmmmm, hmmmmmm, hmmmm". Then chant "who gives a f*** anyway". Repeat the hmmm's and chat as needed.

Ok, I'll say it... Marijuana (sativa, not indica). That prescription written, let me warn you it is a motivation killer if used excessively! By excessively I mean more than a quarter gram a day. If you use enough to "get stoned", you're screwed. Cook a pizza and kiss that day goodbye! When you reach an ounce a month like I did, it takes at least a month of staying off it to get back to normal (which is why I quit completely). If one has the self control to not over do it, its a miracle plant. Treat it with respect and it will serve you well.

The number one way to reduce stress is to identify the triggers and work to avoid them. Admittedly, its not that simple in all cases ~ I know.

Last edited:
Lexi anxiety stinks. Had off and on for about a year when I went through menopause. Listening to calming music helped me. Others I know drink a glass of wine or two and feel better. This person felt it was much easier on your body than taking the drugs the doc wanted her to take. There is a breathing technique that many use successfully too.

Ok, I'll say it... Marijuana (sativa, not indica). That prescription written, let me warn you it is a motivation killer if used excessively! By excessively I mean more than a quarter gram a day. If you use enough to "get stoned", you're screwed. Cook a pizza and kiss that day goodbye! When you reach an ounce a month like I did, it takes at least a month of staying off it to get back to normal (which is why I quit completely). If one has the self control to not over do it, its a miracle plant. Treat it with respect and it will serve you well.

The number one way to reduce stress is to identify the triggers and work to avoid them. Admittedly, its not that simple in all cases ~ I know.
I wish I could figure out the triggers. In the past, it was always situational and once that resolved, so did the anxiety. Now, yoga isn’t even helping. I just wake up and can have a panic attack before I even read the damn news. I researched marijuana prescriptions and I guess they don’t issue them for anxiety in texas but maybe the cbd oil would work?

Lexi anxiety stinks. Had off and on for about a year when I went through menopause. Listening to calming music helped me. Others I know drink a glass of wine or two and feel better. This person felt it was much easier on your body than taking the drugs the doc wanted her to take. There is a breathing technique that many use successfully too.
The meds are definitely a no go for me too. Being a single mama, I can’t afford to risk my brain having the thoughts they caused, even if the doctors say it will eventually level out. They make my hands shake so bad I can’t even cook for my kids, and my eyes like, vibrate or something to the point that I can barely see! But you mentioned the music and I have noticed that I am always fine when I do deliveries and I wonder if that’s bc I’m in my car listening to music!

It is the CBD in Marijuana that has the calming effect. THC is what makes you high. CBD can be obtained quasi-legally most places. Technically it is still potentially a violation of Federal law depending on how it's made, but nobody is prosecuting people for that that I know of. The 2018 Farm Bill made it "legal" if extracted from the stalk of a marijuana plant, but then growing the marijuana plant is illegal. o_O

U.S.C. § 802(16)
(A)

Subject to subparagraph (B), the term “marihuana” means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin.

(B)The term “marihuana” does not include—
(i)
hemp, as defined in section 1639o of title 7; or
(ii)
the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination.

It is the CBD in Marijuana that has the calming effect. THC is what makes you high. CBD can be obtained quasi-legally most places. Technically it is still potentially a violation of Federal law depending on how it's made, but nobody is prosecuting people for that that I know of. The 2018 Farm Bill made it "legal" if extracted from the stalk of a marijuana plant, but then growing the marijuana plant is illegal. o_O

U.S.C. § 802(16)
(A)

Subject to subparagraph (B), the term “marihuana” means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin.

(B)The term “marihuana” does not include—
(i)
hemp, as defined in section 1639o of title 7; or
(ii)
the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination.
Doc, I don’t know anything about cbd but when I googled it, there are some that were specifically for anxiety. Do they use different strains of plant to create oils that target specific ailments or do they just label it like that?

Latest posts

Back