What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
I'm new to this site, and just going over the threads but after what I've read on this thread I thank God I don't live in Cally. I'm an easy going person and I served my country in the Army, but I have a very low dumb sh*t meter and from what I've read it would be maxed out the moment I walked out my door if I lived there. Geez! I don't get why they would do something so obviously asinine. I'm good though as far as prepping. About the only thing I got left to do is buying up weapons and ammo. I live in Florida right now, but I'm getting ready to move up north where I've done most of my prepping and have a house, land, a little river nearby, a bunker, enough food put away to last me and mine for several years, and no neighbors for at least 5 miles!!! :)

After reading this thread, I really cannot imagine living in a city anywhere. I thank the good God everyday that I live in the boonies and sometimes wish we were a little more remote than what we already are. Prep-wise, I think we're pretty good, but always adding things.

DAMN! That copper sucked! I have had numerous similar situations here, even though we're 100% legal to OC or CC. I've had tehm run me and then come back "Are you carrying a gun!? You didn't tell me that, and you HAVE to tell me when you hand me your license! You better tell me that next time! It's for YOUR safety!", to which I kindly replied, "There is no law that I have to tell you I'm carrying a gun. I don't see what your worry is anyways. I'm legal and there's no reason for you to assume I would do something hostile." I got stopped and yelled at once with my wife when we were scouting the B'derberg group meeting in NoVA and the cops were pissed I had 3 or 4 pistols with almost 200rds of ammo on me. I told that cop, "Be cool man, I'm not gonna shoot you." He got SSSOOOOO pissed. I don't see what the big deal was, other than the assumption that I would have won in a gunfight, but that's an opinion for 1, and 2, it was not gonna happen by my choice. I thank God I live in a state that gives us such....... No, take that back. A state that recognizes we have such freedoms. Our violence is on a downswing for yet another year and I think cops start to realize it after a wile. If you're legally packing then they know you're probably not a crook.

BTW, I got a new pack a couple weeks ago. It looks like I will be able to pack almost everything into this bag with only the water purification and medical supplies in the other pac for my wife to carry. I wish I could find a way to get my dogs to carry small packs, too. Not to use them as mules, per se but to carry their own food/lifestraw and medical goods. Hmmmmm. Maybe I'm on to something here. I think I'm going to see if I can make one of their harnesses into a pack. If I can take a small enough pack and have it stitched to the harness I bet it would work. Mischa, < dog can carry a TON of weight. She's sturdy as f**k. Roxy is getting a little old though and will likely need some help. I got her though. No way am I not looking out for my dogs if DD hits.

Just wanted to jump,in and let you know they make packs for dogs to carry. I have one for my Mastiff, it hangs over his back with pouches on both sides and is strapped around his belly.

Just wanted to jump,in and let you know they make packs for dogs to carry. I have one for my Mastiff, it hangs over his back with pouches on both sides and is strapped around his belly.
I am sure your Mastiff can carry a decent amount of weight. good reason for people not to get chihuahuas, toy poodles, and other puntable dogs/barking rats.

LOL Thats why I have never owned a dog under 100 lbs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358518030.983783.jpg
daddy please don't make me carry a big back pack hahahaa

Lol your dog can carry plenty of weight from the looks of this picture. Border Collie? Pretty Dog. I have had dogs my whole life. Boxers growing up and since out on my own Pit bulls and Mastiffs.

Yeah she should be able to carets bit lol and yeah border collie , so clever it's unreal

Ahh! But I have the best of both worlds. A fully trained Mastiff, who can carry a pack and defend the family. At 220lbs he is quite frightening when he gets upset or is commanded to attack, or defend. I also have a son who can carry a pretty good load as well, so good on both accounts for me, LOL! Now if I could just get the wife to carry a ruck sack we would be all set : )

LMAO! That may just work! I may just give that a try if needed!

ok well im off to bed got busy day tomorrow in process of building my compys web page and getting all my products public and investors are wanting alot of info so need sleep to prep for that

coup finished 2 weeks ago .. 7 chicks arrived today...relatives have chickens, 1st time for me ..wife and daughter on board

Latest posts

Back