What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
well, as much as id like to say its bullcrap (and i often do, and will) in places like sothern california, its understandable, with all the gang members around here, they want it to be very hard for them to get hand guns, mostly because their easily concieled, thats why not so much on rifles, and fully autos so things like the L.A. bank robbery are harder to do and so gang members dont go postal with them!
a damn shame other idiots have to mess it up for the rest of us!

Wait, the guns in the North Hollywood(Is that what you're referring to?) shootout were illegally modded by convicted crooks that shouldn't have been able to get them, according to CA's laws. I could be wrong, but I think this was a major bone of contention around that incident. The bad guys had all the horsepower and the good guys(Both with and without badges) couldn't stand up to them due to being outgunned. Either way, it proves another point made by a politician in Vermont, Fred Maslack. He wants to make it so people that DON'T have guns have to pay a $500 fee to the state! That's what I'm talking about. Make it so good guys HAVE to stand up against baddies or pay a fine for being a lay-down. When we stand by, evil triumphs.

yes i agree, to a point, if i dont have the $500 to actually buy a gun, what makes them think i can pay them $500, and where would that leave felons?
and it wasnt nessecerily the (yes) hollywood shoot out i was trying to point out, it was the fact of wanna-be gangsters that have high powered automatics!
i do belive the point, if you have a gun and see someone in the type of danger that you could have possably saved their lives, or even helped, but idelly stood by and watched, you should be charged with an accessory, to whatever "Krime" (lol) commited!

Wait, the guns in the North Hollywood(Is that what you're referring to?) shootout were illegally modded by convicted crooks that shouldn't have been able to get them, according to CA's laws. I could be wrong, but I think this was a major bone of contention around that incident. The bad guys had all the horsepower and the good guys(Both with and without badges) couldn't stand up to them due to being outgunned. Either way, it proves another point made by a politician in Vermont, Fred Maslack. He wants to make it so people that DON'T have guns have to pay a $500 fee to the state! That's what I'm talking about. Make it so good guys HAVE to stand up against baddies or pay a fine for being a lay-down. When we stand by, evil triumphs.
I remember the north Hollywood shoot out. It was a big embarrassment to LAPD for being out gunned by 2 felons. The police got into a local gun store just to make it some what even. I think police should carry bigger than 5.56/.223. I favor the 7.62 x 39.

Maslack has quite the interesting take. I know there was a mayor in utah who made it an ordnance that every male should carry a gun. as a consequence they had/had one of the lowest rime rates in the nation.

yes i agree, to a point, if i dont have the $500 to actually buy a gun, what makes them think i can pay them $500, and where would that leave felons? And it wasnt nessecerily the (yes) hollywood shoot out i was trying to point out, it was the fact of wanna-be gangsters that have high powered automatics!
i do belive the point, if you have a gun and see someone in the type of danger that you could have possibly saved their lives, or even helped, but idelly stood by and watched, you should be charged with an accessory, to whatever "Krime" (lol) commited!
When I went through the Orange County Sheriff's Academy less than 1% of all violent crimes were committed with an "assault" style rifle. One reason they tend to be cumbersome.

i read a funny bumper sticker yesterday: ill keep my guns, freedom, and money....., you can keep the "change" LOL

oh you mean like the ol'school one: you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers! lol, i love how they use that in movies and tv too lmao

exspecially with Obama marching along with the Black Panthers and all. ya, somehow i dont see his re-election.

I'm not sure that Romney will be much better. At least as far as gun rights. I think Obama has been somewhat reserved as far as running head on with his gun grabbing, but I can smell it in the air. Mitt has a not-so-good past with my kind, too. Prayers to our Lord, for sure. These times are very scary.

lmao if i do vote it will be to go against the extra dollar tax being imposed on smokers (myself being one lol) ill probably leave the presidency vote blank, or vote for unknowns as ive done in the past. To me, it doest really matter at this point whos pres. their not going to magicly fix the deficet like they claim they will, their not going to add more jobs (at least for the little people like myself), they're just either front men for people with money to get what they want to get payed more, or they're gonna sit back and run their mouth on what "should" be done, or give bad news on the Doomsday on which is about to happen, and is happening. thats just my opinion though.

Prepping is part with practicing too. I have parts of some days I don't use any electricity to get used to that kind of living. I have done some actual preparing for emergencies both in my home and one where I would leave my home. I still have some prepping to do in regards to weapons and defense If needed.

Thats a great idea! i wish my family would go for it, however, i think with them they'll be thankfull im preppared for them. lol

Prepping is part with practicing too. I have parts of some days I don't use any electricity to get used to that kind of living. I have done some actual preparing for emergencies both in my home and one where I would leave my home. I still have some prepping to do in regards to weapons and defense If needed.
Thats a great idea! i wish my family would go for it, however, i think with them they'll be thankfull im preppared for them. lol
I think I may try that, but not tell them I am cutting the power. I want/need the kids to get used to no electricity and be more comfortable in the dark. I am taking them camping and shooting as i feel they are all old enough to handle small caliber guns.

HAHAHA! My wife would kill me if i did that roflmmfao. my kids are way too young to shoot guns, heck they'd probably shoot me!

HAHAHA! My wife would kill me if i did that roflmmfao. my kids are way too young to shoot guns, heck they'd probably shoot me!
My son has been shooting since he was 8. I have very strict rules when I go camping and shooting. The kids know they are never to touch any gun unless they ask and are being supervised.

Latest posts

Back