Generations

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm7

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Many People talk about rual lifestyle like they " remember those days " or things People use to do . Other People talk about things that have changed or " whatever happened to those times .
Actually things haven't changed as much as People think they have .
Here's some Family photos going from yesterday back to around 1900 .
FB_IMG_1657905374934.jpg
FB_IMG_1705789272835.jpg
20240416_133209.jpg
20240416_121755.jpg
20240416_121802.jpg

Last edited:
I could throw up a bunch of generational pics from early 1900’s. Really doesn’t do well but to remember them.

I will trust my pic I put up in chat and I texted to my son.
The second turkey nest I have ever found.

People got to to figure out where their second food resource is
Mine is around here, if I can protect it. That’s why I dont hunt when the population is down.

Still trying to instill those values to my son, even though I am 2000 miles away. And he is 30,

Helena and I are the ONLY people in my family, who have their own well water, garden and animals for food....
The rest are hard working, tax paying blue collar workers, retired military, except for a single millionaire in OKC and an oilwell owning family of cousins at Lake Texoma...

I

I don’t mean to rain on your parade If you are on your families land. I fully support it. I would buy mine in a heartbeat.

I looked for a bunch of photos I have from 1903 Must not have them stored digitally any more. On this system.

Had one of my GGF a civil war captured by the south vet. even my GGF and GM ) said he was an SOB. And I can prove he was an overseer of the poor for the county probably had enough life experience in a southern camp.
On my other side of the family, one son let his pub be used for the revolution organization There used to be a state marker where that pub was. He was an infantryman, his son an officer, injurered in the battle of Oriskany..
Father and other 6 brothers given land in Canada for being Tori’’s. Recieved land that is now on the bottom of the ST Lawrence seaway. House got moved to Upper Canada. Village Example of the upper class house.

That is the luck of my family. Now in tite 1790 census, the wounded pub owner had a slave., was it black or Irish? Was itdue to him for being wounded in the battle of Oriskany.
Do i owe reparations or do I receive them,
for being Irish?

I look at the generations I like looking at generations on their family land.

The only ancestor I know of that owned slaves on a plantation was quite a character. He was shot 13 times in the war and still lived to a ripe old age. When his slaves were emancipated they stayed with him and continued to work for him. My great uncle knew some of the former slaves when he was young and told me stories that they had told him.
Some of the stories were about how he dealt with carpetbaggers. (let's just say...the dealings were very swift and permanent, LOL)
Our family land (BOL1) through another plantation owning ancestor that fought in the war was all forest back then (and is still). He acquired most of his land after the war when it was sold for taxes and he built 4 plantations on other parts that I didn't inherit in the latter part of the 1800s (post slavery).

There were slaves In this area . There's a couple grave yards with markers . Their families still live in this area . Yes all this area has Indian artifacts too and is on the trail of tears route . None of that bothers me in the least . My Ancestors came here with very little . But had a will to work and build a Nation and have a home . That is still the case .

Latest posts

Back