New Means of Generating Wealth/Income

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try reading all his posts. You are a smart guy. It won’t take you long to see he does not want to get along. He told us when he came that no one liked him where he used to post…but didn’t talk about WHY any of that was his doing.

It’s always nice to see fellow members here who joined long ago!

Admittedly, I haven't seen his posts.

Last edited:
Getting back to the OP, in my area, the skilled trades are advertising for carpenters helper, and plumber trainees. These are good jobs that are always in demand, and pay very well. They are having trouble finding people that are not afraid to put in a days work and get their hands dirty. After a year as an apprentice, you'll be making good money.

Between real estate going fast out of reach, and a lot of people (myself included) having trouble finding work that pays much of anything, and also realizing that things are going to keep changing so fast...

I'm trying to figure out ways to position myself to make money/income/wealth now and in the forseeable future as things change. I know other people really struggling, too, and the ones who are struggling the most are the ones with consciences. Seems like there is lots of work for people with no conscience. So I'd like to start thinking of ideas of how the good ones can thrive.

I'm familiar with a lot of "how to make money once society collapses" stuff. Actually I think if I'm in a warm enough climate I will personally be fine if everything collapses. I have spent enough time in the woods to be pretty okay with that situation.

I'm thinking more in terms of actually being able to afford a decent place to live and lifestyle. Building wealth for those of use who may not be able to buy land and homestead it.

Without any idea of your skill-set, qualifications, experience or field it's hard to offer suggestions.

HGV drivers seem pretty pretty much in demand all over.

Plenty of people have a side hassle, furniture flipping, cloths flipping, watch flipping have all worked as pocket money hobbies for me in the past.

"As an example, there is an NFT for sale today called Wonderpals. If you buy it for around $400, you will have around $20K by tomorrow (conservatively). If you take half that $20K and get yourself a whitelist spot for MetaMansions (going on sale at the end of March) and purchase maybe 3 or 4, your will have over $100K in about 45 days".

Really?????

Without any idea of your skill-set, qualifications, experience or field it's hard to offer suggestions.
Thank you but for some reason this post keeps getting misinterpreted. I am not asking for help for myself. I am trying to open a discussion on ways of generating wealth that would not have made sense in the world we all grew up in but make sense now and in the future that people here foresee.

Getting back to the OP, in my area, the skilled trades are advertising for carpenters helper, and plumber trainees. These are good jobs that are always in demand, and pay very well. They are having trouble finding people that are not afraid to put in a days work and get their hands dirty. After a year as an apprentice, you'll be making good money.
Thanks for replying. I think something about how I phrased my post didn't register well. I am not looking for suggestions of how I can make money, not looking for a career path (I'm way too old for that.)

This post is supposed to open up a discussion about what sorts of things we'll look back on in five or fifty years and say "that's how people did well in that time period."

And I think once you look into the liability/insurance, state rules and restrictions, taxes, and how ****ing awful most clients are, you'd pause at the idea of recommending a trade. Also, it's really hard to become someone's apprentice, especially when you're older than they are.

Now if civilization collapses and all of that BS falls away then I'd be very happy to offer my skills to the market. Until then, society can enjoy the scarcity of skilled labor that its policies created and I can enjoy camping and traveling.

But anyway the question isn't about a career choice. I'm trying to get people here to think abstractly about the future, to brainstorm about what will be valuable in this time that's coming up.

But thank you for taking time to offer a suggestion.

In most collapses...skill sets

Food production
Medical/dental
Textile production
Cobbler
Carpentry
Masonry
Mechanics
Tooling
Metal working/blacksmithing

The basics...Food, water, shelter, health, transportation and anything that helps people save time and energy/calories.

Thank you but for some reason this post keeps getting misinterpreted. I am not asking for help for myself. I am trying to open a discussion on ways of generating wealth that would not have made sense in the world we all grew up in but make sense now and in the future that people here foresee.

The misinterpretation may be due to the wording of your OP, you make reference to yourself repeatedly.

Regardless the answer remains the same and will vary from individual to individual.
Flipping everything from clothing to cars to houses is easy to start and build up. There are even people making money from dumpster diving and flipping their finds.

Last edited:
Regardless the answer remains the same and will vary from individual to individual.
No, sorry. If you're interpreting it that way then you're just not reading it right. But there's no point beating a dead horse so thank you for offering what you meant to be helpful.

In most collapses...skill sets

Food production
Medical/dental
Textile production
Cobbler
Carpentry
Masonry
Mechanics
Tooling
Metal working/blacksmithing

The basics...Food, water, shelter, health, transportation and anything that helps people save time and energy/calories.
Sure, the ol' reliable list. Not what I was getting at, but always good for people who are brand new to prepping.

The reason you are not getting the answers you are looking for is that you are asking a question with an obvious answer regardless of the times.

Find a job you enjoy and are uniquely talented at; become the best at it that you can and treat people with respect. Live below your means and save up. That is how most of us got our homesteads/bug out locations.

The reason you are not getting the answers you are looking for is that you are asking a question with an obvious answer regardless of the times.

Find a job you enjoy and are uniquely talented at; become the best at it that you can and treat people with respect. Live below your means and save up. That is how most of us got our homesteads/bug out locations.
You've clearly misunderstood the question. You're talking about jobs for me, or people, to do, but that is not what I asked about.

Why respond to something when you don't have anything to say?

You've clearly misunderstood the question. You're talking about jobs for me, or people, to do, but that is not what I asked about.

Why respond to something when you don't have anything to say?
Why ask a question that is amorphous?

Produce something that your community needs. I couldn't tell you what that would be.

Latest posts

Back