What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
Dude, you are barking up the wrong tree. If you cant see the the economic collapse of this country coming, you are very misinformed. The doomsday TV show is a TV show. No true prepper would ever be known in that fashion. Conspiracy therorists are the whistle blowers, warning of what may or may not happen. Not always right , but making you think. We need to think for ourselves and not believe anything the media or the govt. tells us .They are liars ,manipulative hypocrits and for the most part, communists. So get off of this site .

I've been stringently watching conspiracy theory forums and tv shows. I'm trying to understand the mentality of the conspiracy theorist and doomsday prepper so that I know how to avoid them. In my opinion this is the most dangerous mentality to hold as it blinds you to the truth.

Listen jack*** we aren't on this site to get ready for the zombie invasion! That's what's going on in your tiny brain. We are people who want to be prepared for natural disasters, power outages, bad winter storms, and yes possible economic collapse, or even worse. Do you even pay attention to anything around you. I would guess not, as you are one of the heard, just moving around like a heard of cattle feeding off whatever you get for free and never even seeing whats coming until it hits you in the face. So actually do research and read this forum actually no get off our forum. I will request that Clyde terminate your membership since you don't belong here.

I'm with you on all those points army and find it entirely commendable that you'd want to look after your family in those situations. I also think that poeple like you are an asset to your community and if the worst occurs you could consider measures which will help others around you as I believe strength is in numbers of the right kind of people. I thought I commend you on this in public as I wouldn't want anyone to mistakenly believe that we aren't on the same page here.

Ok ...... So what's with the post bashing preppers above? I don't understand your mentality here? You are pretty much calling everyone on this site a wacko yet you then write this so please explain in detail or I will ask that you be banned for bashing our members? I await your reply.

Yes he did! All taken care of, he will not be on this site any more! Banned!

I really like that too. Obviously. I like the end of it, as it reminds me of preparing for what's coming. I know we're not suppose to be trying to predict the future, but that doesn't say we should be ignorant.
The Bible tells us that when we see the leaves on a fig tree, we know that Spring is coming...and we should look at life that way...we see what is going to happen so we prepare ourselves for it. I believe that is what God wants us to do.

I hope you didn't think that I was trying to force my opinion on others, sorry. No, I just stated my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Just catching up with this thread. To a point I have to agree with Simple, everyone should have the right to express their opinion (even when they are wrong). I also dont believe in some jack-wagon coming on here just to be a troll and cause problems either. I have been on many forums like this over the past 8 or so years I have been prepping. There are many more keyboard commandos than true preppers out there, especially on the internet. I for one will not stick around long if this place is over taken by trolls and idiots. If you dont agree with what I can provide for information I can live with that. I also try to look at things from other another persons point of view. I dont have the same experiences as anyone else here does. In many ways depending on perspective there can be more than one right answer for any question. I think we can all play nice. So far I like it here. If it means a few trolls get banned to keep it a nice place, so be it.....

Last week I went to a briefing on “Surviving the coming Bioengineered Viral Pandemic.” Briefer was a former military intelligence officer and long-time prepper, who obviously has been studying this for a long time. His slides summarized the problem and gave lots of documented sources. The most compelling thing was that many experts use the term “inevitable” for this—there have already been accidental cases of creating deadly bioengineered viruses and it is relatively easy for small terrorist groups, even individuals, to create and release a new virus.
After explaining the threat he gave a second briefing on how to survive it. I’d heard some of these arguments before—a viral pandemic is going to not just shut down economic activity and food deliveries, it will kill off first responders and could lead to a collapse that lasts for months, maybe much longer. Just a few days and unprepared or criminal folks will be out marauding. What they recommend is not just a survival community, but one that has enough members and ability to defend itself, professional management to run quarantine, and enough space to keep members spread out (not in a cramped central underground shelter) and separated into their own group so less risk of a virus spreading inside. They set up a survival facility like this in Colorado called “Fortitude Ranch” and are opening one now in West Virginia. I expected that the cost to join it would be very high, but it was surprisingly low and they are offering discounts to early joiners. I signed up and my total cost for the year was under $1,000.
All the briefings are on their website, fortituderanch.com. They also have email contacts there.
Marcus

I think a fireproof safe is a necessity to prep. all valuable things and documents must be kept safe in case any incident happens. this site has a great collection of safes, many sizes and types
www.safes-fireproof.com
I agree in protecting documents, but if you are bugging out weight will be come a serious issue. Especially if you have to bug out by foot.

Can you guys give me any advice on chickens? What type to get, how much room do they need,etc. I am in NJ as well so not sure what is needed for my climate area. Thanks guys
Back when I was in college I figured out that the best person to help me with my papers was the lonely librarian. Oh what a Godsend those librarians were. They would find me the best books, newspaper articles, magazines, and even journal articles... they made me look so smart. But like my Grandfather would say and you've heard it before.... "it's not what you know... it's who you know." I would check with your local Extension Office. If they don't know the info... they will put you in touch with someone that does know... and they very often will love to talk about it and give you a ton of good information.

About a year ago I went to a meeting at our local extention office and they were very helpful... I will see if I can locate that information.... maybe I can scan it and send it to you.

Bravery is right. Your county Extension Office should be able to help. Maybe I should go to work for them, I'll chatter like a magpie about raising animals, canning, and whatnot.

Last week I went to a briefing on “Surviving the coming Bioengineered Viral Pandemic.” Briefer was a former military intelligence officer and long-time prepper, who obviously has been studying this for a long time. His slides summarized the problem and gave lots of documented sources. The most compelling thing was that many experts use the term “inevitable” for this—there have already been accidental cases of creating deadly bioengineered viruses and it is relatively easy for small terrorist groups, even individuals, to create and release a new virus.
After explaining the threat he gave a second briefing on how to survive it. I’d heard some of these arguments before—a viral pandemic is going to not just shut down economic activity and food deliveries, it will kill off first responders and could lead to a collapse that lasts for months, maybe much longer. Just a few days and unprepared or criminal folks will be out marauding. What they recommend is not just a survival community, but one that has enough members and ability to defend itself, professional management to run quarantine, and enough space to keep members spread out (not in a cramped central underground shelter) and separated into their own group so less risk of a virus spreading inside. They set up a survival facility like this in Colorado called “Fortitude Ranch” and are opening one now in West Virginia. I expected that the cost to join it would be very high, but it was surprisingly low and they are offering discounts to early joiners. I signed up and my total cost for the year was under $1,000.
All the briefings are on their website, fortituderanch.com. They also have email contacts there.
Marcus
So for $1000 you are buying an option? I have a family of 3 ... I think I would rather take the money and work on my own. I am open to changing my mind... this is just my initial reaction.

Wait a sec. This guy is advertising? Marcus, if you want to sell something get in touch with Clyde and buy the advertising space. You don't get to use our forums for free.

Sorry I didn't catch it sooner guys.

Back when I was in college I figured out that the best person to help me with my papers was the lonely librarian. Oh what a Godsend those librarians were. They would find me the best books, newspaper articles, magazines, and even journal articles... they made me look so smart. But like my Grandfather would say and you've heard it before.... "it's not what you know... it's who you know." I would check with your local Extension Office. If they don't know the info... they will put you in touch with someone that does know... and they very often will love to talk about it and give you a ton of good information.

About a year ago I went to a meeting at our local extention office and they were very helpful... I will see if I can locate that information.... maybe I can scan it and send it to you.

Thanks Bravery that would be great. Sorry I haven't been around for a while, my health is not very good right now and getting worse. I may not be around much longer to worry about the chickens anyway. My spinal injuries are worsening and I was given some other very bad news yesterday about my health. But will not post that out here. Lets just say its really bad.

Army, please know that there are members here who do worry about you and keep you in their prayers.

Can't believe that just happened. So much for free speech. It's out different opinions and ideas that make us all grow as a collective. This is a forum not a club. What just happened was bs. That's my opinion If you don't like it then agree to disagree.

I have been gone for a while due to health reasons but it seems you have some issue with me. The event that I was speaking about above happened in January when you were not a member of tis site, and the other half of the issue has been deleted due to the fact that the individual was bashing everyone on this site and calling everyone inappropriate names, as well as other things, so as a Moderator I deleted his posts and he was banned for inappropriate behavior. I don't think you know what you are talking about or you wouldn't have made the comments you did. Next time get both sides of the story before you start bashing me for something you know nothing about.

Latest posts

Back