Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Attachments

• 18. Urban Chest Rig thumbnail.jpg
    18. Urban Chest Rig thumbnail.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 0
Fantasy stuff and you know it. You can go around with 5 round mags and a rifle (pistols are banned to buy) in urban Canada.

I wouldn’t call it fantasy. There are certain circumstances where a chest rig is applicable. Civil war or major major civil unrest are both scenarios that come into mind where a chest rig is useable. I would prefer a plate carrier with mag attachments personally, but that’s what I trained with. 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn’t call it fantasy. There are certain circumstances where a chest rig is applicable. Civil war or major major civil unrest are both scenarios that come into mind where a chest rig is useable. I would prefer a plate carrier with mag attachments personally, but that’s what I trained with. 🤷‍♂️
I used a chest holster for my S&W 500 mag for bear protection in Alaska. Haven't seen a use for it since then.

Fantasy stuff and you know it. You can go around with 5 round mags and a rifle (pistols are banned to buy) in urban Canada.
They may be banned to buy but that doesn't mean you cant carry more then 5 rounds and carry a pistol on you if your willing to accept the consequences if you get caught.

I personally would also rather have a plate carrier on most times with the ability to run armour, but for any low-vis or fast moving situations chest rigs are prefect. I normally keep this in my car rather then lug a plate carrier around. Also tucks nice under the seat so it's not noticeable.

I used a chest holster for my S&W 500 mag for bear protection in Alaska. Haven't seen a use for it since then

Would a S&W 500 stop a bear? Honest question, I would be crapping my pants if I had a bear coming at me and all I had was a pistol. 😱

I personally would also rather have a plate carrier on most times with the ability to run armour, but for any low-vis or fast moving situations chest rigs are prefect. I normally keep this in my car rather then lug a plate carrier around. Also tucks nice under the seat so it's not noticeable.
Fair points.

Would a S&W 500 stop a bear? Honest question, I would be crapping my pants if I had a bear coming at me and all I had was a pistol. 😱
Yes, it is among a small handful of handgun cartridges that will. Not too long ago, the 454 Casull stood alone in that category, but now there are more options.
A 44 Magnum will kill a bear, heck even the old blackpowder 45 Colt Peacemakers were known to kill bears in the 1800s, but killing a bear and stopping a bear are two different things.

Yes, it is among a small handful of handgun cartridges that will. Not too long ago, the 454 Casull stood alone in that category, but now there are more options.
A 44 Magnum will kill a bear, heck even the old blackpowder 45 Colt Peacemakers were known to kill bears in the 1800s, but killing a bear and stopping a bear are two different things.
Yeah, that’s what I would be worried about. The bear might die later, but I might die now.

Back