This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got more cans of gas to refill BIC lighters, more cans of gas for the portable stove, batteries, rope, heirloom seeds!!!! Found a shop right here in town who sells ONLY heirloom seeds from over a hundred types of fruit and veggies. Got enough for the next 3 years, 20 lbs. of fertiliser for the garden (also enough for 3 years).
Will be selling the 21 ft. camper trailer this week for money to do some other projects

I made for me, a big run today! Went out and got about 40+ lbs. More of varieties of dried beans and peas, and 20+ lbs. More of variety of rice, variety of canned meats, tuna, salmon, chicken, etc.., vinegar, more medicinals like ibuprofen, otc allergy med, Tylenol, Naproxyn, bandages (multiple sizes), case of isopropyl alcohol, immodium, Tums, Iodine, supplements (today only C, D and Zinc) , peroxide, bleach, paper towels, TP, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, variety of canned fruit, variety of dried pasta, raw honey, molasses. Onions and lettuce are coming up in garden as well as potatoes sprouting through the soil..ordered another 3 month supply of survival food from 4 patriots and more heirloom seeds, getting ready to plant. My next on list is water purifier, more ammo (top priorities- should have done already). Ordering more chickens, and at least try to buy 1/4 of a beef and pig, and I actually want a 12 Guage and a 22 rifle to add to my personal gun list (which is currently only 1 which is a 180..haa) . Thinking about bow n arrows or cross bow as well..... I want to learn how to freeze dry food and can meat also. Have plenty of wood on the property, a pond with bass, catfish, bluegill/brim and a Garr or two at least (LOL).. Plus I have a job...at least for now! Want a solar powered generator- priority! I have 2 border collies, and my 2 sons now both live here on what we are calling the family compound...they have plenty of guns (always need more ammo)...they have a lot of traditional skills, great work ethic and are totally on board with "Freedom matters". We are all hoping each day is just another normal work day..or at least that we have time to be ready if not. Don't judge me on the guns I want...I don't know much about them but I do know I can shoot a rifle much better than a pistol...so I guess I left off pistol practice from my list...
I'm wide open to more suggestions on what to do, and priorities on what to stock so if /When SHTF we may one day see one another on the other side as friends.

Ok great! 1 of my son's has a Mossberg shot gun and one has a Marlin 22 among other types of guns. Thanks for the recommendation! I think the 22 is on my list first. Also, i meant to say I have a 380 pistol not 180..I am thinking a 22 pistol might be good if I get some practice time in with it..
22 TCM Premium FS..Rock Island Armory?

I made for me, a big run today! Went out and got about 40+ lbs. More of varieties of dried beans and peas, and 20+ lbs. More of variety of rice, variety of canned meats, tuna, salmon, chicken, etc.., vinegar, more medicinals like ibuprofen, otc allergy med, Tylenol, Naproxyn, bandages (multiple sizes), case of isopropyl alcohol, immodium, Tums, Iodine, supplements (today only C, D and Zinc) , peroxide, bleach, paper towels, TP, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, variety of canned fruit, variety of dried pasta, raw honey, molasses. Onions and lettuce are coming up in garden as well as potatoes sprouting through the soil..ordered another 3 month supply of survival food from 4 patriots and more heirloom seeds, getting ready to plant. My next on list is water purifier, more ammo (top priorities- should have done already). Ordering more chickens, and at least try to buy 1/4 of a beef and pig, and I actually want a 12 Guage and a 22 rifle to add to my personal gun list (which is currently only 1 which is a 180..haa) . Thinking about bow n arrows or cross bow as well..... I want to learn how to freeze dry food and can meat also. Have plenty of wood on the property, a pond with bass, catfish, bluegill/brim and a Garr or two at least (LOL).. Plus I have a job...at least for now! Want a solar powered generator- priority! I have 2 border collies, and my 2 sons now both live here on what we are calling the family compound...they have plenty of guns (always need more ammo)...they have a lot of traditional skills, great work ethic and are totally on board with "Freedom matters". We are all hoping each day is just another normal work day..or at least that we have time to be ready if not. Don't judge me on the guns I want...I don't know much about them but I do know I can shoot a rifle much better than a pistol...so I guess I left off pistol practice from my list...
I'm wide open to more suggestions on what to do, and priorities on what to stock so if /When SHTF we may one day see one another on the other side as friends.

I'd get a supply of Chlorine Dioxide and learn about it's uses. It looks like bioweapons will continue to be used by the globalist.

I added a new Ruger max 9 to my collection today, I didn’t have any intention on buying another pistol but it just fit my hand and it was a good deal, I only went to sell two pistols on consignment. I had a jeminez 380 and a tharus pt111 g2 that I was just not crazy about . I really like the ruger max 9 because of availability of accessories and holsters.

Just to make sure I'm getting the lingo correct..is a "Ruger max 9" a 9mm? Assuming it has a pretty good kick to it also? I'm a squeamish 119 lb. Female wuss...I gotta have something easy..afraid I'd jump and blow mine or someone's foot off...unintentionally of course.. 😳 maybe ball bat might be better for me..haa...I can certainly whack a mole!

Women can sometimes actually handle more recoil than men because they have less body mass behind their arm. Their body moves more with the recoil than heavier men, absorbing the recoil. A large man's body doesn't move as much from the recoil so his hand and arm absorb more of the recoil.

Just to make sure I'm getting the lingo correct..is a "Ruger max 9" a 9mm? Assuming it has a pretty good kick to it also? I'm a squeamish 119 lb. Female wuss...I gotta have something easy..afraid I'd jump and blow mine or someone's foot off...unintentionally of course.. 😳 maybe ball bat might be better for me..haa...I can certainly whack a mole!
It is a 9 mm but the recoil is not bad for me , I’m 5’11 and 212 lbs tho, you may want something a little smaller like a ruger 380 lcp chambered in 380 amp. They have very little recoil for a small shooter.

Also, i meant to say I have a 380 pistol not 180..I am thinking a 22 pistol might be good if I get some practice time in with it..
Your .380 is the absolute last ditch gun for home defense, everydaycarry and will only piss someone off if they are big enough. You must get the best possible ammo for it. Silver tips are minimum, glaser safety slugs if available and even pellet nose. Put a normal slug first to get through a window of the car if you are being attempted hijacking, have the backup ammo in badass stuff. A spare mag is needed as it only carries 6-8 rounds. If you like small but bad pistols, look for a .32 in magnum. Hits harder than a .38 but does not have the kick on your firing hand so you can get a second round on target FASTER.
If you are good with a rifle, look for a short 30-30 lever action. Does not have the stopping power as really needed but for short distance, with prepared rounds(pre-drilled for hollow points) short enough for in-the-house-use and not a bad kick, you could be happy with it. A lever action is faster than a bolt action and has less problems with loading failures due to the type of ejection of spent rounds.
If you do go looking for a .22 pistol, try to get your hands on a .22 mag that can also handle yellow jackets-hollow points, normal .22 and even .22 shorts for close ups on rats and rodents. A .22 in magnum is devastating from close distance to anything, but will not do anything to a ballistic vest or such. You always aim above the neckline and always practice at face and headshots. Sorry for the truth but you are on a deadly journey with little time for bad lessons and lots of fun if done well with a good trainer beside you.
The rest of your "fun-run" and the stuff you bought--shows you are on the right track!! Live free, Gary

Latest posts

Back