This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made for me, a big run today! Went out and got about 40+ lbs. More of varieties of dried beans and peas, and 20+ lbs. More of variety of rice, variety of canned meats, tuna, salmon, chicken, etc.., vinegar, more medicinals like ibuprofen, otc allergy med, Tylenol, Naproxyn, bandages (multiple sizes), case of isopropyl alcohol, immodium, Tums, Iodine, supplements (today only C, D and Zinc) , peroxide, bleach, paper towels, TP, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, variety of canned fruit, variety of dried pasta, raw honey, molasses. Onions and lettuce are coming up in garden as well as potatoes sprouting through the soil..ordered another 3 month supply of survival food from 4 patriots and more heirloom seeds, getting ready to plant. My next on list is water purifier, more ammo (top priorities- should have done already). Ordering more chickens, and at least try to buy 1/4 of a beef and pig, and I actually want a 12 Guage and a 22 rifle to add to my personal gun list (which is currently only 1 which is a 180..haa) . Thinking about bow n arrows or cross bow as well..... I want to learn how to freeze dry food and can meat also. Have plenty of wood on the property, a pond with bass, catfish, bluegill/brim and a Garr or two at least (LOL).. Plus I have a job...at least for now! Want a solar powered generator- priority! I have 2 border collies, and my 2 sons now both live here on what we are calling the family compound...they have plenty of guns (always need more ammo)...they have a lot of traditional skills, great work ethic and are totally on board with "Freedom matters". We are all hoping each day is just another normal work day..or at least that we have time to be ready if not. Don't judge me on the guns I want...I don't know much about them but I do know I can shoot a rifle much better than a pistol...so I guess I left off pistol practice from my list...
I'm wide open to more suggestions on what to do, and priorities on what to stock so if /When SHTF we may one day see one another on the other side as friends.
I got another load like this recently too. Cleaned out and then restocked my meds cabinet and first aid supplies. Every time I pick up hours at work I try to put a little of the extra money towards new things for my preps. My next thing will be some more seeds and related supplies.

I just took five trays of mixed veggies and sweet corn out of the freeze dryer. Freeze dried five trays of roasted white meat chicken breast yesterday and have eight lbs of ground chuck to do tomorrow when I get home. I made a run to Sam’s today to stock up on some of our spices, can goods, frozen green beans , broccoli and cauliflower. Hard time are coming folks , we better be ready for it.

Got 3 bottles of cooking oil at 5 liters a bottle, two bottles of vinegar, a bottle of virgin olive oil, ten packs of baking powder, five packs of yeast, four glasses of de-caf coffee, some noodles, some cocoa, some vannila flavor and some spices that we use daily. Just a little bit every couple of days...trying to keep up with the Johnsons...live free, Gary

My Volvo holds 55 liters, I will be filling my cannisters at night with a card when nobody is looking and get about 75 liters together in the garage.
Think of the truckers: they need about 25 liters to drive 60 miles and that is while they drive 500 miles A DAY!!!!

Bought a bunch of seed potatoes and in the process of planting them. Keeping others for a second planting shortly. Went to the country co-op and bought some of what I need. They didn’t have much, but will get more in hopefully by weeks end.

Bought some additional containers for my seed packets to organize them. Plastic shoe boxes with lids and dividers I made. I have 10 boxes filled so far. Bulk seeds I store in large glass jars. Many of those need fresh seeds according to my seed viability chart.

in regard to those seed potatoes - it's not a "mistake" to plant the retail seed potato as it comes out of the bag - it's just a waste - especially when there's already a shortage going - they can be cut in half and even more for the larger ones - most of the time they are just loaded with buds .....

The wife picked up several more cases of canning jars and lids. And I bought several boxes of .22 ammo and more fishing gear. This is pretty much the same every time we go to shopping down south. On the way home we drove up to a couple lakes to see if they had any open water for fishing yet. Nope. Still froze over. We're still a month away from having open water even in the low elevation lakes.
We have a new knife maker in town. I left him my beaver skinner knife to have him make me a new one. He uses a sanmai (sp) method in making his blades.

Your .380 is the absolute last ditch gun for home defense, everydaycarry and will only piss someone off if they are big enough. You must get the best possible ammo for it. Silver tips are minimum, glaser safety slugs if available and even pellet nose. Put a normal slug first to get through a window of the car if you are being attempted hijacking, have the backup ammo in badass stuff. A spare mag is needed as it only carries 6-8 rounds. If you like small but bad pistols, look for a .32 in magnum. Hits harder than a .38 but does not have the kick on your firing hand so you can get a second round on target FASTER.
If you are good with a rifle, look for a short 30-30 lever action. Does not have the stopping power as really needed but for short distance, with prepared rounds(pre-drilled for hollow points) short enough for in-the-house-use and not a bad kick, you could be happy with it. A lever action is faster than a bolt action and has less problems with loading failures due to the type of ejection of spent rounds.
If you do go looking for a .22 pistol, try to get your hands on a .22 mag that can also handle yellow jackets-hollow points, normal .22 and even .22 shorts for close ups on rats and rodents. A .22 in magnum is devastating from close distance to anything, but will not do anything to a ballistic vest or such. You always aim above the neckline and always practice at face and headshots. Sorry for the truth but you are on a deadly journey with little time for bad lessons and lots of fun if done well with a good trainer beside you.
The rest of your "fun-run" and the stuff you bought--shows you are on the right track!! Live free, Gary
When we went to get our carry permits, they wouldn't let someone use a 380. Said they needed something better to shoot a paper target. 😁

Latest posts

Back