The BOV AFTER you have bugged out

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know NR, even those are pretty rare today here in Finland,don't know where they've gone,but that would be an excellent choice, pure mechanics,no computers so someone like me with mechanics might fix it,but remember those were quite popular here and now...haven't seen single one in the last year and I do travel around this city for 8hrs daily
ok,a quick check gave me 15 of those ladas for sale...not much

Last edited:
That's odd cos they are still making them and even selling LH drive versions in the UK, I think they now have GM engines in them.

it might be that the brand isn't so popular here,all youngsters wanna drive bmw's,mitzus and that sort..lowrider ofcourse.
for me the main point is: from a to b.

Yeah the Jimny is a modern vehicle, I have no idea what most of the stuff under bonnet does :) It was not bought as a BOV but as a cheap 4x4 to use to duck into town and for me to go camping while 'er indoors stays with the truck.

So really I consider the Landcruiser to be my BOV should it come to that as when that's fitted out we will be able to live in it for months. But we don't plan to bug out so the Jimny would be good for short (< a few days) scouting trips as we've been talking about.

I have several options available to me but I'm counting on horses to get me where I need to go, animals around my BOL does a really good job warning me of anyone approaching plus vehicles can be heard miles away, if so called marauders are heading my way approaching by foot then the best defense I have is detailed knowledge of my area plus I have 12v super bright white halogen flashers that will play havoc with night vision goggles and temporarily take away what little night vision humans have that I can strategically setup to aid in escape during the night plus, another bonus, my store isn't in the cabin if one didn't know where it was they wouldn't find it then they have 4 dogs to contend with amongst the chaos... pick your poison cause it's all going to hurt.

great planning my friend, you don't make it easy for bad guys ;)

i intend to bug in and i live 9 stories up.

so my idea would be more stealth than anything else. minimal open windows. Solar/thermal recharging of batteries. Powerbank powered usb fans to keep cool ....

that being said, i still have bicycles for resource gathering trips and the likes.

I have 12v super bright white halogen flashers that will play havoc with night vision goggles and temporarily take away what little night vision humans have that I can strategically setup to aid in escape during the night

This is a GREAT tactical idea. Of course, they're going to try and shoot your lights out, but better those bullets hit lights than people. (and waste ammo missing a lot). Hard to cover a complete perimeter though, I'd wager, but still an excellent idea. :m4:

what might be even better. bullet proof glass covering the halogen lamps, maybe a gap to get the hot air out :p

In MK1 on my motorhome I had 5 flood lights facing outwards, I pressed a single button and they all turned on while at the same time all inside lights turned off.

Never had to use them in anger but I did turn them on a few times when I heard a noise. I stopped doing that though because it would have telegraphed my position like nobody's business :)

But the idea is good once you have been found.

Latest posts

Back