Show us your BOB/GHB/GOOD!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay I am interested in seeing everything in your bags but I will settle for just the bag itself! I love seeing what everyone else chooses to use and keep on hand.

So I guess I will start...

So I'm guessing the cat will go in the bob too??

998870b1-56c3-4494-a469-75ebdde46c6b_zpsabf6b2f9.jpg

Finally have some pics of mine. A real bag on a budget here....lol...

Here it is from the outside (backpack was $12 at WalMart, and has lasted quite a few hikes already):
GHB-outer.jpg

You can see the two metal water bottles (got both at Goodwill), lots of carabiners, a compass and mini flashlight are also attached to zippers. The carabiners are used to help hold the rolled up tarp from the truck.

Inside the front pocket, some snacks, a bright flashlight, pry-wrench tool, insect repellent and relief spray, some other supplies. (all dollar store stuff)
GHB-Inside1.jpg

Inside the main pouch, can see a heavy duty poncho (lots of rain possible here), and some mini-tools
(Poncho is actually a pretty expensive rancher style, because it is what I sell in our store)
GHB-Poncho.jpg

Removing the poncho, can see some of my foodstuffs...vienna sausages, jerky, tunafish, beef stew, etc.
(got all of these cheap)
GHB-Inside-Food.jpg

In the rear area, behind the poncho, I removed these items...an extendable camp fork, my pistol, ammo, and a spare pair of socks. I also have another box of ammo in a side pouch, behind one of the water bottles, in the other side pouch, some duct tape and paracord. The pistol is simply an old hand me down, but still the most expensive part of my kit. May only be a .22, but it was free for me, and it will do the job. Plus, I can have a lot of ammo onhand.
GHB-Pistol.jpg

Another outer pouch is where I keep first aid gear. This is what it looks like packed.
GHB-FirstAid.jpg

Here are the contents, exploded: (all of these, including the container, I could get at the dollar store)
GHB-FirstAid-All.jpg

On me, I always carry a leatherman multi-tool, and in the truck, I have a pair of hiking boots, a pair of cargo shorts, and a fisherman's shirt and ball cap. Those are my get home clothes, so I'd grab those and change if I needed to abandon the truck. (and grab my tarp and bungees from the truck).

Finally have some pics of mine. A real bag on a budget here....lol...

Here it is from the outside (backpack was $12 at WalMart, and has lasted quite a few hikes already):
View attachment 1938
You can see the two metal water bottles (got both at Goodwill), lots of carabiners, a compass and mini flashlight are also attached to zippers. The carabiners are used to help hold the rolled up tarp from the truck.

Inside the front pocket, some snacks, a bright flashlight, pry-wrench tool, insect repellent and relief spray, some other supplies. (all dollar store stuff)
View attachment 1937

Inside the main pouch, can see a heavy duty poncho (lots of rain possible here), and some mini-tools
(Poncho is actually a pretty expensive rancher style, because it is what I sell in our store)
View attachment 1934

Removing the poncho, can see some of my foodstuffs...vienna sausages, jerky, tunafish, beef stew, etc.
(got all of these cheap)
View attachment 1936

In the rear area, behind the poncho, I removed these items...an extendable camp fork, my pistol, ammo, and a spare pair of socks. I also have another box of ammo in a side pouch, behind one of the water bottles, in the other side pouch, some duct tape and paracord. The pistol is simply an old hand me down, but still the most expensive part of my kit. May only be a .22, but it was free for me, and it will do the job. Plus, I can have a lot of ammo onhand.
View attachment 1935

Another outer pouch is where I keep first aid gear. This is what it looks like packed.
View attachment 1933

Here are the contents, exploded: (all of these, including the container, I could get at the dollar store)
View attachment 1932

On me, I always carry a leatherman multi-tool, and in the truck, I have a pair of hiking boots, a pair of cargo shorts, and a fisherman's shirt and ball cap. Those are my get home clothes, so I'd grab those and change if I needed to abandon the truck. (and grab my tarp and bungees from the truck).
Nothin wrong with a walmart bag brotha ! got mine there for around 26 bucks. w/e gets the job done.

That's just it. Just has to last a few days really, but to be honest, this little pack has lasted for quite a few outings, and still looks like new, so can't beat it. I love all the places for carabiners and the two drink holders. (I use carabiners to keep them in place).

Forgot to add, I also keep a pretty large machete in the truck (they come in handy more often than you'd think), so I'd grab that on the way out too....

Here is my bug out bag.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387563761.777008.jpg
sorry for the crappy pic my iPhone took. I got the bag from www.lapolicegear.com it cost like $29.00 and is good quality. I also have a 5.11 rush tiered rifle sling Attached to it. When I get a chance I'll post pics of the contents.

Yea I'm getting on that I had a co worker staying in my camper while I went home and when I got back it was a bit cluttered to say the least. So it goes without saying that my coworker won't be staying in my rv again.

I'll have to post some new pics, got some nice additions for Christmas! I also got a cool waist pack that is surprisingly awesome. At first, I was just seeing more weight, but when on, you don't even feel it.

Other than food, water, and poncho, EVERYTHING else fit in the waist pack, so really frees up some room in the pack (which I'll pretty much keep as space)...

Now THAT is what I call traveling light!!!

that is a sweet looking bag Kenprep. Also, my get home bag started to rip, so i had to change the bag, to a bigger bag, which is not cool, since i then have the habbit of adding more items on a bag that is meant to be for 1-2 days max. will upload piuc as soon as i can.

The first bag was my first bag I always had in my truck. The tear is fixable, but i feel as if it may tear in some other place and dont want to mess with it much. Plus the newer bigger bag is much more durable. It is built with better quality materials. Plus it has a waist and chest strap.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388870711215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388870711215.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 12
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388870751284.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388870751284.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388870767361.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388870767361.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388870776393.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388870776393.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388870788980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388870788980.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388870803722.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388870803722.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388870817078.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388870817078.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388870827172.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388870827172.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 16
The first bag was my first bag I always had in my truck. The tear is fixable, but i feel as if it may tear in some other place and dont want to mess with it much. Plus the newer bigger bag is much more durable. It is built with better quality materials. Plus it has a waist and chest strap.
If you decide to fix it burn those nylon threads back cus if you try to straight sew it they will pull apart at thenext thread.

Latest posts

Back