Experience the true definition of seamlessness with foodsaver gm710 vacuum sealer

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliarogahn

Reaction score
The foodsaver gm710 vacuum sealer falls under FoodSaver's GameSaver lineup tailored primarily to fishermen, hunters, and other outdoor enthusiasts. With this the first glance, you’ll agree that the sealing system is quite rugged and suitable for a wider range of processes.
With this said, this article reviews everything you need to know about the foodsaver gm710, so you can make better-informed decisions moving forward.
zOiFD2.jpg

Keeping your products healthy without the hassle.
This vacuum sealer features a foodsaver's innovative smart sealing control. With this feature, you can carry out roughly 80 sealing processes consecutively without stress. This makes it perfect for heavy-duty operations. Also in a bid to ensure longevity, the vacuum sealing system has high-end components to completely eliminate air from the vac bags and then uses heat to create an airtight environment where they can last for an extended period.
As the best food vacuum sealer for various intents, this unit is also relatively durable and is quite intuitive. So each time you use it, you can be sure to enjoy high quality. The directions in the manual are straightforward too. So, you should have any problems navigating it as a first-time user.
To further corroborate its convenience, this unit has a seamless bag cutter and roll storage. With this, you can create custom bags that are perfect for just what you’re about to seal. This is yet another innovative approach to preventing bag wastage.
In a bid to entire that your experience is as terrific as it gets, the machine also features a straightforward latch lock. What this feature does is secure your bags and make the sealing process easier.
Flexible option for your kitchen and travels
The foodsaver gm710 vacuum sealer design is unique. It has an innovative grab-and-go structure that strikes a fine balance with a rugged design. There is a strong carry handle as well as a compartment with a handheld sealer. These introduce more convenience to using the machine.
To further cement its flexibility, the unit features an accessory port. Essentially, this is a port that allows you to connect the machine to other food saver accessories. These may include containers, among others.
Cost-effective food saver
If you read through the review of the best vacuum sealer, you'll see that bag wastage has always been a concern. However, the foodsaver gm710 vacuum sealer adopts quite an innovative way to cater to this. It now has a new automated technology that guarantees that you only get to use the optimum amount of sealing bag needed to completely seal the product.
Read more: Top Rated Best Vacuum Sealer Reviews (Buying Guide): vacuumsealerjournal.com
Bottom Line
So, you are probably wondering- is this the best food saver vacuum sealer? Well, that is relative. However, the only certain thing is that you're sure to enjoy a compelling experience using the unit at a relatively meager cost. Especially, if you're someone who loves hitting the road in RV or like hunting, you need something to preserve your food. And bet this unit fits your bill just perfectly.

I have a GameSaver GM710. It is a replacement for one that failed under warranty in well under a year. Now the replacement appears to be failing. The sealing bar seems to be burning out and not making a good seal. I've had a number of packages lose vacuum already and I haven't really used it that much. This is a problem I've had with other FoodSaver models and I've had a few.
I will say this, I got excellent warranty service from the company. They sent me a new one immediately and sent a UPS label for the old one with the replacement.
What's interesting is that I have one of their very inexpensive compact models (8" wide rolls) I got at Walmart that has lasted longer and makes a better seal than any other FoodSaver model I've ever used.

I've got a Cabelas CG15 vacuum sealer that I bought several years ago while living in Alaska. I bought it after having a Wal-Mart Foodsaver fail. I've know people with Foodsavers who have never had a problem with them.
I bought some replacement parts for my CG 15. Never needed to use them yet.

I bought one of the smaller food savers (a bit over $100)) 8" size ..grabbed it while in publix grocery store one day on impulse. Its not consistent. If there is least bit of liquid in bag, it won't seal. Ive put paper towel in bag to absorb liquid (i.e. chopped green bell pepper), so it will seal. Some things I've sealed, after a few days have come unsealed, and some sealed great. Too much hit n miss though for me. Looking to get a new, better one. I'm sure the gm710 would be better than what I have. But not sure if I'll get another food saver brand.

Based on the reviews, it looks like the newer Cabela's vacuum machines are cheap Chinese crap that don't last through the warranty and often won't seal well even when brand new.
They don't sell the CG15 anymore. The older ones like the CG15 were solid.
pa38zos.png

I have been looking at LEM brand...expensive, but I did read in the Review questions for the 1000 model...even they recommend pare freezing anything with liquid in it prior to sealing...duuh! ..I did not think even of that and was using paper towels in the food saver bags for anything that generates liquid. 🤦‍♀️

Latest posts

Back