Brand New to Prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RomanianPrepper

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Brand new to prepping. It's been something I've been interested in and looking into for awhile, but for some reason beyond me I just never got into actually doing it. So much time wasted.

3 months ago I moved across country from Oregon to South Carolina and in with my boyfriend. Something just finally clicked with me while here. We don't have much of anything yet as we're just starting out, the 2 of us and his 2 cats. I'm interested in seeing what I can learn from the community and hope to gain some good tips and advise along the way.

Nice to meet everyone!

Suggestion: Romania:

Start with this 30 minute read to get a Clif Notes style overview of prepping quickly and cheaply.
Link - Family Prepping

After doing the above, it's a lot easier to help when you come back and ask specific questions.

You can get motivated by just lurking but it won't help you put it all together immediately.

Best of luck to you and your boyfriend.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Brand new to prepping. It's been something I've been interested in and looking into for awhile, but for some reason beyond me I just never got into actually doing it. So much time wasted.

3 months ago I moved across country from Oregon to South Carolina and in with my boyfriend. Something just finally clicked with me while here. We don't have much of anything yet as we're just starting out, the 2 of us and his 2 cats. I'm interested in seeing what I can learn from the community and hope to gain some good tips and advise along the way.

Nice to meet everyone!
Welcome to SC, where in SC are you?

Going to give you the exact same advice I just gave to another new member. . .
Water, Food and then Shelter is your main concerns. Establishing a water system is number 1. If it is not a reliable system, you may need to filter, boil or even have a life straw on hand. Food is your next. There are multiple ways to store food, so you need to look those up. The Shelter part is big too, but even if it's primitive is ok.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/survival-shelters-15-best-designs-wilderness-shelters/
Practice what you think your survival skills may come down too. Very important to have first hand knowledge.

Latest posts

Back