Prepper travels, day vs night.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunting is of course, another pretty valid reason for night vision.
If a scenario where I'm trying to get home, I'm usually going to travel by night I think (for 1. It would be cooler, 2. I could see folks coming a lot further away if they are in a vehicle, 3. A lot easier to escape if needed). I'd eat and sleep during the day, in a trek to get home. So, I can imagine a little NV would be pretty helpful to see where I'm going.

Here, the roads (or more specifically, just off of them), are really going to be the only way to get around, navigate, and ensure I'm not going over somebody else's property. So, if I have to hoof it for 40 miles to get home, I want to only do that at night, where I can easily get into some foliage and ensure I won't be seen, if anyone passes by. Walking during the day, in the heat, and as a slowly moving target, simply doesn't appeal to me.....

I know what you mean and I wont be travelling in the main daylight hours either, movement will be more easily seen then.
its just that I don't want to walk about in the dark either, any glimmer or movement will give away my location.
not that I expect to be moving far from my location anyway.

Good news is, there won't be anyone to see such a glimmer, or if there is, hopefully I'll see them way before they see me.

Latest posts

Back