Pocahontas, AR,flood

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this area well and it is south of all the other flooding.that river is very high to get to all the way up to those buildings normally that river is about 25 ft below the bridge,

Last edited:
you just can not prep for something like this all you can do is pick up and run
A flood is a tough thing to prepare for, for sure. There are things you can do though. Building your house on stilts for instance. Even just having a bug out bag for your essentials for a quick evacuation is smart. I'm not just talking about mountain survival gear either, but changes of clothing, toothbrush, soap, extra eyeglasses, etc. if you have just moments to leave, having a kit to grab that was well thought out in advance will make your life a lot more bearable during the emergency.

you just can not prep for something like this all you can do is pick up and run

That why we should have go-bags even if we plan and prep for bugging in especially in flood zones, about the best that can be done is have a bug out location that's not in threat of floods. I know, I'm Monday morning quarter backing here :(

I've been watching this on tv and it's a sad situation to say the least, heart breaking really. The folks down their are certainly in my prayers!

Latest posts

Back