Plans for 2019?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My preps are completed, I have been really having to think of what I need for my prepping and have been getting crazy stuff, so I will focus on helping others with there preps. I will start with other family members that will likely come to me if a major SHTF occurs. I will also help some neighbors prep without calling it prepping. I will stick up on extra water filters that I can give to neighbors if a long term SHTF happens. Stock up on more rice, beans, flour to hide in caches as backup or to share with neighbors and trade with others.

I need to do this at 2 locations, we dont really have a buyout location, unless it's the hunting camp, but we have 2 different bug in locations.

I like your plan, if you know your neighbors well. Since I am a horrible judge of character, I do not want anything to do with my neighbors.

Because of the gov shutdown and the way that the stockmarket is behaving.i need to step up on my Prepping. I figure we'll have big problems if the gov shutdown goes into February. On account there'll be civil unrest from cost to cost from ppl that won't be able to buy food.i talked with my sis about the possibility of the shutdown going into feb.on account she's disabled from a car accident a few years back..she's on disability and gets foodstamp.

I hope it lasts until we get the wall. Most of the people on welfare would vote Democrat, so President Trump is not losing any votes but will gain a ton of votes if he gets the wall. JM2c

Because of the gov shutdown and the way that the stockmarket is behaving.i need to step up on my Prepping. I figure we'll have big problems if the gov shutdown goes into February.

February? Of??? 2019? 2020? 2021?

Honestly, I think this is as big as BREXIT for the UK. If we do or do not get the wall, it will fundamentally change the USA. Think about that.

Both sides are digging in. At the current rate, I'll say there is a real chance of the standoff going permanent, just like Congress has permanently refused to do a budget. When was the last time they had a real budget and not just a lame 'CR' I looked it up, 2015. And that was the first budget in 6 years.

Trump will not back down, he has nothing to lose. Democrats will not back down, they have everything to lose. If snowflakes thought they took of the gloves before, just wait. It's going to get really ugly.

BTW, I just read the article referencing Feb ending food stamps without a budget. GREAT! Food stamp recipients should consider today their 45 day warning that the gravy train is ending.

The article talked about potential riots & such. Sure, fine. I still think Trump should stand his ground. But it may get (more) dangerous out there for a while. Be careful...

as much as i dislike trump.i still agree with him about us needing the wall.but yet.we're talking about millions on food stamp.in which a large portion do need the assistance. Including my sis who is disabled from a car accident. Now whats gonna happen if these people don't get their assistance? Think Detroit

but yet.we're talking about millions on food stamp.in which a large portion do need the assistance. Including my sis who is disabled from a car accident. Now whats gonna happen if these people don't get their assistance? Think Detroit

Jim,
I did not say get rid of all charity. Every local charity is going to step up. And I support local charity.

But you need to understand what charity is. Charity is willingly given and willingly received. Welfare is stolen at threat of prison and distribution by bureaucracy.

If a 30 year old healthy gangbanger drives up to the local food bank in his Cadillac with 20" rims and smoking a joint, I'll turn him away in a heartbeat. And when the 70 year old widow that I know is raising 3 grandkids (parent in prison or just 'gone'), they'll get the extra rations. Local decisions will 100% be wiser than federal ones.

Will it be the same? Not at all. Some people will go hungry. Every decision has a 'victim' somewhere. I suspect the corruption level for SNAP is 50%. Sorry, that system is so broken that it cannot be salvaged. I vote to shut it down.

we have charities over here too, as soon as anyone is laid off they are straight down the foodbank, I wonder why they didn't put back some food stockpiles when they were working instead of buying that huge TV that takes up the whole of the living room wall? or buy a new mobile phone every time a new model came out? we used to have a saying here" cut your cloth according to your pocket" but I guess nobody does that any more. i'm just old fashioned I guess.

I'd be fine if the food stamps and all welfare programs ended permanently. The few that actually need help can get it from local charities. The rest can either get a job or starve, I don't care which. And the government slackers could be let go too. That would be a good start in ballancing the budget.

Colleges across the country encourages its students to sign up for SNAP, wife told me WSU has a pamphlet and advisors that focuses on SNAP, I know PSU has a web page explaining the ease of enrolling in the SNAP program. A single homeless person in Washington receive $145 a month.

buy a plot with a summer house, start building fortified houses with like-minded people. Well, move from the city to these houses. I don’t think that we’ll make it, it takes 2-3 years ...

I think the concept is good but reality of finding like minded folks is the difficult part. Building the houses is complex enough without adding in the people.

yes your truth I started to deal with this issue 7 years ago, since then about 50-60 people have dropped out and only three remained, whose interests and capabilities coincided. We are not super rich, but together we will come out to realize our plans.
Ps. and I also think at first to start building a house, and then looking for a wife, so -50% of the problems ... ha ha ha!)

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 4 через Tapatalk

yes your truth I started to deal with this issue 7 years ago, since then about 50-60 people have dropped out and only three remained, whose interests and capabilities coincided. We are not super rich, but together we will come out to realize our plans.
Ps. and I also think at first to start building a house, and then looking for a wife, so -50% of the problems ... ha ha ha!)

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 4 через Tapatalk

Yes talk is cheap, action is the hard part. Many will like the idea until they have to start doing the work. Yes getting the house built before finding the wife will help solve some difficulties. Be prepared to redecorate once you find the wife. In fact go with bare minimum of house hold items until after you get married. You will end up tossing a lot of your stuff because it will not fit in her idea of decorating style. Just a fact of life.

Apparently everyone depending on their tax returns will be seriously effected as well if the shutdown continues into febuary.to me.that iincludes paying on their mortgage or paying it off..

Millions face delayed tax refunds, cuts to food stamps as White House scrambles to deal with shutdown’s consequences

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...898adc28fa2_story.html?utm_term=.4452093e5365

Edit

Riots Loom As Food Stamp Cash Will Run Out By End Of January If Government Shutdown Continues

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ll-run-out-end-january-if-government-shutdown

Last edited:
I plan to keep on keeping on. Nothing major or new. Freeze dried goods added to the pantry, finish unfinished projects around the home, try my best to keep up with the businesses work load. I would like to squeeze in more time for using the Jeep and the camper this year too. Should probably move that last line higher on the list!

People are going to riot receiving SNAP or not, many left wing organization are funding this crap with the flame throwing media pushing the agenda. Portraying the rioters as starving citizens is a common tactic the left has employed since Trump was elected, it's all a crock of shit in spades!

Don't forget the one's that's depending on their tax returns to pay on.or pay off their car notes mortgages to what ever.they stand to lose more then the folks on food stamps. To me that means a increase in rioting

People are going to riot receiving SNAP or not, many left wing organization are funding this crap with the flame throwing media pushing the agenda. Portraying the rioters as starving citizens is a common tactic the left has employed since Trump was elected, it's all a crock of shit in spades!

I don't ever watch CNN, but mom does and I saw they were actually running a ticker on how long the shutdown has been going. Fueling the fire.

Latest posts

Back