Is cyber attacks our next disaster?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a transformer shortage right now and our electrical grid hasn't even been attacked yet .
Yep - Some of the people in my clan work building power lines and they had to swap to other companies because the transformers and other needed items simply were not available for building the power lines . That was a year or more ago , I haven't heard of the needed power line supplies being any better today .

Last edited:
Not a surprise with these bad storms. I am sure Home Depot and Lowe’s are as well. Wonder how many folks lost a bunch of their frozen meat before they had power?

I'm a bit vulnerable at home right now. The genny and most of my solar panels are up at BOL2. I can run the freezers off my battery bank for maybe two or three days. I'd have to start cooking a BUNCH of stew if I lost power as long as y'all have Georgia. Or load up a bunch of ice chests and head to my daughter's place in NC.

Your plan sounds like my husband and I discussed when considering what folks without power could do. We did reach out to some neighbors to see how we could help them. Not having even a way to charge your cell phones or extra batteries for flash lights is far too common with the unprepared, ya know?

You are spread out pretty thin because of your transition in BOLs, but you have a plan, so you would be fine.

While I was at Harbor Freight yesterday, the thought occurred to me that I should carry a suitcase solar panel and small AGM battery in the car in case the car battery dies.
I almost bought them on the spot, but I don't like making on the spot decisions like that. I need to think it over, but I'm pretty sure I will at some point (soon).

I don't understand why anyone who lives in areas that have bad storms don't have multiple sources of power. Besides my solar set up I have I have two 12kw generators plus a 10kw, an 8.5kw, a 6kw and a 3.5kw generators. Plus enough fuel for about a year or more.
I recently bought a 110 watt solar panel front Northern Tool to mount on my pump house to keep the well pump generator battery charged. It cost $200 and included a 300 watt inverter and a charge controller. I'm going to order another one for the chicken coop.

While I was at Harbor Freight yesterday, the thought occurred to me that I should carry a suitcase solar panel and small AGM battery in the car in case the car battery dies.
I almost bought them on the spot, but I don't like making on the spot decisions like that. I need to think it over, but I'm pretty sure I will at some point (soon).

I carry this jumper pack in 2 of the vehicles. Even got them for my kids
Good for 2-3 jump starts and USB ports and flashlight
IMG_0223.jpeg

Guy that bought our old LC and made it into an off road machine applied solar panels to the hood. But he spent more than the 60 I did.

I carry this jumper pack in 2 of the vehicles. Even got them for my kids
Good for 2-3 jump starts and USB ports and flashlight
View attachment 20155
Guy that bought our old LC and made it into an off road machine applied solar panels to the hood. But he spent more than the 60 I did.

My daughter and SIL turned us on to these. They work!

Last edited:
--- Guys this is some serious sh-t . This video maker may seem a bit un-professional , but I highly recommend " don't sell him short " .

This conversation got me thinking. Anyone who understands the “smart grid” please chime in! Is it true that the government could…and are planning to take the power generated in one area and totally remove it from that area (think Rural) and send ALL of it to large Urban areas, even in another state? Are they legally allowed to do this? If so, I envision them doing exactly that to Red States as well as all Rural Counties in the not too distant future. Thoughts?

This conversation got me thinking. Anyone who understands the “smart grid” please chime in! Is it true that the government could…and are planning to take the power generated in one area and totally remove it from that area (think Rural) and send ALL of it to large Urban areas, even in another state? Are they legally allowed to do this? If so, I envision them doing exactly that to Red States as well as all Rural Counties in the not too distant future. Thoughts?
They can shut off whole areas. The Kommunist Republic’s power company does it all the time when faced with potential storms during fire season. My power doesn't come from the lines 3 miles away. It comes underground from 8 miles away. If some one hits a pole where it is above ground, I lose power.
Up at my new place, whole area lost power for a week because of fires. Power company is powering whole area with portable Gen units. Main transmission lines go through the fire zone.

It wouldn't take much , just a map of where the underground fiber lines are and a bunch of backhoes " or even shovels and a axe " to cut multiple fiber optic lines . An organized team of saboteurs could easily shut down banks , fuel stations and other stores over an entire country in an overnight digging expedition .

Latest posts

Back