How to explain what can happen with cashless society

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldways

Admin
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Around here the Krogers are stopping giving coins in change due to shortage. Here is what a friend of mine stated, then I answered, and his answer back. I do not think I can explain about what happens when there is no physcial money without revealing too much about myself on FB. I don't think we have enough similar outlook to explain online.
I think this group will understand, and I wonder how you would have answered. I did not answer his reply to me.

HIM

Okay so I've heard about this change shortage a little bit lately and I don't understand why people are so upset about potentially becoming a cashless society. The reasons I've heard as to why people are upset is because you can't slip your grandkid a 5 dollar bill and not buying things from market places and not able to be paid for side jobs.

We are living in the era FIFTY years after landing on the moon. We have so many ways of transferring money efficiently and safely.

There won't be as many hold ups at stores because there's no money to put in the bag! It's a safer and cleaner way. Am I missing something that I'm not thinking about? Seriously, if someone can tell me a good reason to not be a cashless society, I'll change the way I feel about it. But I don't see a good reason not to be as of now. Feel free to comment. I'm not a money expert or anything so I'm all ears.

ME
digital money can be hacked out of your account. And government can take it with the right orders. If the card readers are down for any time there will be no payments made, no buying or selling.

HIM
not worried about being hacked as I have never been hacked in my 8 years of having the same account. If you're getting hacked, most people know rather quickly and the bank makes it right. Also algorithms in the banks that will notify you of anything suspicious like when I flew to Phoenix 2 years ago and the bank called me and asked if I was in Phoenix. What "right orders" do you mean? Child support etc.?

Those pushing for a cashless system will push all the nice things about it, that's just the sugar coated topping on the pile of dung. If you do the dance the system want you to do you will be just fine in it, but step out of line and you will find out what the dung tastes like.

Last edited:
For now your digital vaccine pasport is still separate from the banking system in the sense that you have a banking card or a phone to pay in store. Vaccine pasport will allow you to travel in the broader scope, locally it will allow you to enter puplic spaces and businesses, if you don't have it you will not be allowed entry. Combining the Banking System with the Vaccine Passport is just the logical next step of the process. Regardless if Americans accept the Vaccine Passport or not, you will not be allowed into countries which use it, if you don't have it.

For now your digital vaccine pasport is still separate from the banking system in the sense that you have a banking card or a phone to pay in store. Vaccine pasport will allow you to travel in the broader scope, locally it will allow you to enter puplic spaces and businesses, if you don't have it you will not be allowed entry. Combining the Banking System with the Vaccine Passport is just the logical next step of the process. Regardless if Americans accept the Vaccine Passport or not, you will not be allowed into countries which use it, if you don't have it.

I agree and add: the only way to make the mass accept this is by spreading fear.
I see the coronavirus in this perspective (real or fake, it doesn't matter much).

I already know the government can access your bank account. Several years ago the IRS took 1000.$ out of my bank account with no letter, phone call or warning of any kind. I found out when my debit card was declined. They didn’t even give an explanation. I was in the middle of moving to where I am now and was preoccupied with that. I know I could have gotten an accountant and fought it but ended up figuring it was cheaper to let it go. I’ve often wondered how many others they have done this to. I believe a cashless society is inevitable and won’t be too far off but firmly believe it is a terrible thing for individuals. Great for government control though.

What does this rocket scientist plan to do if the power goes down, and your ATM is useless? No power. No transactions.

Nothing ever goes wrong with computers. That never happens. 🤔 The problems are legion; not to mention Big Brother is watching.

What does this rocket scientist plan to do if the power goes down, and your ATM is useless? No power. No transactions.

Nothing ever goes wrong with computers. That never happens. 🤔 The problems are legion; not to mention Big Brother is watching.
Remember this post when Big Brother is coming for ye. 😉

I already know the government can access your bank account. Several years ago the IRS took 1000.$ out of my bank account with no letter, phone call or warning of any kind. I found out when my debit card was declined. They didn’t even give an explanation. I was in the middle of moving to where I am now and was preoccupied with that. I know I could have gotten an accountant and fought it but ended up figuring it was cheaper to let it go. I’ve often wondered how many others they have done this to. I believe a cashless society is inevitable and won’t be too far off but firmly believe it is a terrible thing for individuals. Great for government control though.
And when everyone does as you did and complies with government abuse of power, it will become Tyrannical and become the norm.

that is fine by me I have never wanted to leave the USA,,,,Americans are a target just about everywhere they go,,,I will never understand the need to go where we aren't wanted

that is fine by me I have never wanted to leave the USA,,,,Americans are a target just about everywhere they go,,,I will never understand the need to go where we aren't wanted
There was a a big and beautiful world out there. Most people are decent and just want to live their lives and raise their families just like we do. That being said you should use common sense when traveling wether abroad on at home.

And when everyone does as you did and complies with government abuse of power, it will become Tyrannical and become the norm.
True, but sometimes it’s better to pick your battles and not loose the war. I do think the IRS has way too much power but it’s like a traffic ticket. Sometimes it’s just cheaper to pay the fine and go on with your life. If I wasn’t in the middle of selling property and moving everything I had in life I would have fought it. I was busy with other things and really didn’t want to go through a drawn out audit so I let it go. My opinion though is they suck....

Latest posts

Back