How to explain what can happen with cashless society

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a notice in the mail last month saying I needed to use my credit card or they were going to close my account. The only reason I still have it is in case of an emergency even though the last "emergency" was during a time I evacuated during a hurricane so I could fill up with gas. I ended up buying a couple pairs of shoes since I was needing some new ones. It was a very easy process, in fact too easy for me. , , I keep my credit card at home, never on me, I am too paranoid about it getting stolen. I did have to activate it befor I went shopping but all I had to do was insert it into whatever the device is, sign and done. So basically anyone could use my card? No asking for ID to verify I am the cardholder. You got to remember I am very old schooled and rely on either cash or checks.

I received a notice in the mail last month saying I needed to use my credit card or they were going to close my account. The only reason I still have it is in case of an emergency even though the last "emergency" was during a time I evacuated during a hurricane so I could fill up with gas. I ended up buying a couple pairs of shoes since I was needing some new ones. It was a very easy process, in fact too easy for me. , , I keep my credit card at home, never on me, I am too paranoid about it getting stolen. I did have to activate it befor I went shopping but all I had to do was insert it into whatever the device is, sign and done. So basically anyone could use my card? No asking for ID to verify I am the cardholder. You got to remember I am very old schooled and rely on either cash or checks.
I use cards both for personal and for business. As long as they are paid off each month in full it’s actually safer than carrying cash. There are some perks too like cash back rewards and extra warranty and the bank can handle disputes.

@Danil54grl, it is getting easier and easier to use (abuse) a credit card. Many stores have even done away with the signature. Just swipe and run. Fraud is getting easier and easier. At least with a Debit card, you have to enter a PIN.
[/QUOTE
A pin is only used for cash withdrawel?

We have been moving to a cashless society the moment ATM's came online. To complain about a nonstarter issue is pointless folks. Accept the fact the government and banks have all of our butts lined up and will charge us extra to use lube. Some of us remember our parents only used checks to pay bills. Cashing our checks and leaving just enough to pay the monthly bills and add to savings the rest was cash in the pocket or wallet. Now it all goes in the bank and they give a debit card to track everything. When was the last time you used cash for groceries, movies, dinner and lunch out or pay the lawn people. Yup cashless has been here I only use cash at car wash. 😓Well the strip club but i don't use their ATM...😜

One aspect of a cashless society that the left are touting over here is adding a TRANSACTION Tax on everything. IE every sale or purchase you make the state takes a percentage.

$54.69 purchase on the bank card. No signature, no PIN

This sort of thing always bothers me. I have literally purchased nearly $400 worth of stuff and not been ID’d or had to sign or put in PIN. When I’ve asked the clerks how can that be, they have responded with nonchalant answers.

I’ll fit in just nicely in a cashless society because I’m pretty much cashless now. 😢

Right now we have stores in Clark county Washington not excepting cash due to the chinese virus including the mom and pop stores. Like my wife told the hardware store that's been here since 1901, "if I got to use my debit or credit card here, I'll just order from Amazon" and she did, order from Amazon. We wont be back nor my kids, the owner knows that, he's called me twice, I've been going there for 40 years and my dad before that as will as my kids.

Imagine the federal government being able to see and record every gun, ammo, food, fuel and other prepper purchase and be able to see how much gear you have bought and cached. Cashless societys are a totalitarians dream.

Indeed. That is why I am actively trying to collect all resources and prepping items I need now before the government turns off the money tap.

Latest posts

Back