Garage/Yard Sale and a Pissed Off Moment

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaterielGeneral

Reaction score
Been busy,
We are having an extremely large yard/garage sale as a benefit for our sons medical bills. 3 ½ 10X20' canopies, 4 10X10' canopies plus the garage. Most of you know the story about my son, if you don't then click on the gofundme link in my signature line for the background. Yesterday(Saturday) a Muslim couple came to the sale and the male was wearing an Army Veteran baseball hat. We talked a little he served in Iraq and also worked in supply.

They shopped around and they kept dickering down the prices and the guy had made a comment on how the prices were to high. I told him he would be paying a lot higher if it was retail prices, he mumbled something like I guess so. I had gotten to the point where I was going to go off and gave my wife the look and walked away. She basically said that this IS a benefit for our sons hospital bills so yeah, we are trying to make some money. They did buy a lot of stuff and no problem in cutting a deal but the guy was blatantly greedy. After already giving discounts he was trying to get a better deal at check out.

I told my wife if the guy wasn't a veteran I would of very rudely told him he had to leave with some F bombs involved. There was an older guy standing off to the side and said he thought our prices were spot on for a yard sale.

I guess the funny thing thing is I have a crap load of situational/tactical targets for sale. Five of the designs are of radical muslim terrorists in different configurations. Maybe I will post a pic if I get time.

Ir it were me.I would of let him know real quick that it was for paying "in my case"my moms medical bills.and the prices are very reasonable.but in a respectfull manor,simply because he's a vet..i have very little patents,if any.when it comes tp people that do me that way..

Sounds like my wife. LOL I let her haggle with car salesmen for me. After a while they'll be looking at me like "HELP!"

Yep, my wife is an awesome negotiater. She has a bachelor degree in business this and an associate degree in business that. We have matured a lot in large purchases. We have kept the dealership open to 9:30 pm or something like that until they met our terms. They know us by name now after going through our purchase process.

Never pay retail for a vehicle! Personally I never buy new because of the depreciation and because of the UAW. I am fond of buying an extended warranty for piece of mind though. Usually because of the labor rates you do not loose money or much money. My last truck more than paid for the warranty. The insurance actually sent an inspector because of the cost.

My wife has been buying KIA vehicles. The others just can't compete with options vs price. She just traded in her Sorento lease for a Niro electric car lease.

50 miles to the gallon. Pretty cool but expensive to fix. Hybrids are definitely a lease vehicle. The oil changes are around $60.00 to get done because of a special oil. We had the dealership give us the oil change package (pays to be buddies with the service department for Intel). Just goes to show you when you are looking you have to consider all avenues not just what sales has to say.

Latest posts

Back