Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like headcheese. It's available at the supermarket around here.

I like hog head cheese.
I love turkey cheese. I make it with the left over turkey. Green onion, celery, parsley, garlic, cayenne and black pepper. Add water to the turkey and seasoning I cooked down, remove bones, skin , cartilage. Add Knox gelatin. Chill in refrigerator.
It's delicious, almost fat free.

I like hog head cheese.
I love turkey cheese. I make it with the left over turkey. Green onion, celery, parsley, garlic, cayenne and black pepper. Add water to the turkey and seasoning I cooked down, remove bones, skin , cartilage. Add Knox gelatin. Chill in refrigerator.
It's delicious, almost fat free.
Ok, that sounds delicious.

You guys are starting to ruin my appetite.
When I worked overseas, especially Asia, I ate a lot of disgusting food; sheep entrails in Mongolia, organs and eyeballs in Kazakhstan. Plus a lot of in-identifiable parts in the middle east. Then there was camel and mares milk vodka and beer throughout east Asia. I'm not hungry now.

Have to admit I love scrapple and have made it a few times now when we take a pig into process, saving the head. I'm not strong enough to pop out the eyes myself and normally Hunny takes care of that for me. I was not a fan of the traditional recipe and add in sausage type seasonings and was sooo much better. Fried up, oh yeah. Have only made loaves vacuum sealed for the freezer for long term. If anyone has ever freeze dried or canned, please let me know.

The only thing better than shrimp n grits is shrimp scampi with linguini! We absolutely love this dish!

1680001808201.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased and used an Oat Flaker/Roller? Have been looking for a manual one because we will need it to flatten the oats for oatmeal. Almost every place is out of stock on them! Seems many must be grabbing them up! Even on Europea websites.

Am probably going to grab this one real quick. It is the only one I can find available that isn’t electric.

1680011747289.jpeg

Really wanted this one, but can’t find it in stock.

1680011850936.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased and used an Oat Flaker/Roller? Have been looking for a manual one because we will need it to flatten the oats for oatmeal. Almost every place is out of stock on them! Seems many must be grabbing them usp! Even on Europea websites.

Am probably going to grab this one real quick. It is the only one I can find available that isn’t electric.

View attachment 19407

Really wanted this one, but can’t find it in stock.

View attachment 19408
I never understood the difference between these and a mill in how they work. I have a hand mill and a hand pasta machine. I eat a lot of Oatmeal but I haven't wanted to order another machine if it wasn't necessary. Do I really need it?

I never understood the difference between these and a mill in how they work. I have a hand mill and a hand pasta machine. I eat a lot of Oatmeal but I haven't wanted to order another machine if it wasn't necessary. Do I really need it?

Mill grinds, this flattens.

If you want to separate the shell from the oats and flatten it, you need one. Sorry. 😞

Latest posts

Back