Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For quite awhile I couldn't find any flavors of Spam except plain. Still can't. They blame it on the China flu. So I've been smoking the plain Spam and it comes out really good.
We had the bacon, but since my taste is gone, they all just taste like salt to me. Good stuff.

I like the hickory flavor too, just can't find it anywhere around here. The best Spam flavor I ever had was in Hawaii. Can't remember the name now.
No problem finding it around here as for now.
we are having trouble finding the DAK canned hams around here but I pick them up when I find them in stock.

No problem finding it around here as for now.
we are having trouble finding the DAK canned hams around here but I pick them up when I find them in stock.

Went to Ohio recently and ran across some DAK canned hams! Was so excited because I’ve been wanting more for preps. Bought all but 2. Didn’t want to be the one that took every single can.

Went to Ohio recently and ran across some DAK canned hams! Was so excited because I’ve been wanting more for preps. Bought all but 2. Didn’t want to be the one that took every single can.

Dollar General usually has DAK hams.

It is left over pork “parts”…think not eatable. Has some grains in it. Really gross!

1679835859632.jpeg

@Arcticdude Pretty much!
@GeorgiaPeachie OK, so Spam isn't like scrapple? I always associated the two and have never came anywhere near a can of Spam because of it.

No. Not at all. Spam is okay if cooked properly. I’ve bought numerous kinds in the last 3 years and tested them in the kitchen.

In Mississippi we had "souse." A popular cold cut sandwich meat with factory workers (yes I was one, once upon a time). I think it is what some people call "head cheese."
Coarse chunks of pickled pork, olives, etc. in a congealed loaf that you slice for sandwiches. Since everything is basically pickled it has a fairly good shelf life in the fridge and can be left unrefrigerated in your lunchbox until lunchtime. Not quite sure what you would have to do for long term storage. You had to know where to look for the good stuff. Not something you find in supermarkets but in mom and pop convenience stores.
NiZwaWQ9QXBp

I never liked the taste of Spam. There is something in Spam and most cheap hot dogs that I find repulsive. Bologna too, although with balogna if you put enough mustard on the sandwich it masks it.

Souse I liked. I also like the Underwood deviled ham.

Latest posts

Back