Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things cited in the article: reduced consumer demand (cutting back) and a looming expectation of a recession.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...p&cvid=875e0831bd974fa0a3483b9bb16f6c20&ei=60
Something else doesn't add up...

"Consumers are cutting down on lavish foods, and non-essential spending as essential bills and food are rising weekly. These companies are trying to conserve as much cash and profits as possible, as the economy still hasn't bounced back from the COVID-19 pandemic."

So when did CHICKEN become a lavish food??

Remember the stories about the " Great Depression " - Banks got financially insolvent and then the jobs went away . Many that lost their jobs will be struggling to keep their homes and vehicles and likely some will find themselves destitute and hoping a relative will take pity and find a spot underneath their home or somewhere to sleep . This time unlike the so called " Great Depression " this is shaping up to make the Great Depression era look like the good old days . -- Government officials know this and are trying to get the un-prepared accustomed to feeding their children bugs and worms .

I can believe that there is reduced demand for their company.

So many liberals are going vegan and many of the rest of us don't trust Tyson anymore.

Two vegan "meat" companies; Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods are also cutting their workforce.

Wasn't it not so long ago that "they" (not just Tyson) blamed a chicken shortage due to lack of workers for the sudden spike in prices? I know the East Texas chicken processing plant (can't remember the name) out there has resorted to taking out big billboards advertising $18 an hour no experience needed.

Last edited:
Two vegan "meat" companies; Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods are also cutting their workforce.

Wasn't it not so long ago that "they" (not just Tyson) blamed a chicken shortage due to lack of workers for the sudden spike in prices? I know the East Texas chicken processing plant (can't remember the name) out there has resorted to taking out big billboards advertising $18 an hour no experience needed.
Even the fruits and nuts in the Kommunist Republik won’t eat that c#$@. I have seen it go from 2 freezer doors down to a half door at Costco.

Seen $18 an hour for Mickey D’s and 20 for HD.

The article did make me check my chicken supply.

Even the fruits and nuts in the Kommunist Republik won’t eat that c#$@. I have seen it go from 2 freezer doors down to a half door at Costco.

Yeah, lab created from what exactly? Loaded with artificial junk. No thanks.

Big difference though between Deep East Texas (largely poor, no higher education, 30% of people below the poverty line is not uncommon) and most anywhere in California. Cost of living is much less.... TX 0% income tax so you get to keep more of what you make....You can get a 1200 sf house on 1/2 acre for around 155k or a 70' single wide on the same for under 100k. Used to be you could offer $12 per hour pre covid and you would have people breaking down your door. Now the Federal government benefits not to work are a better option.

$18 ph here would be about $27-$30 in Cal or NY.

Last edited:

Yeah, most vegans I know don't eat that stuff, either. The people who are doing it for health reasons are "whole foods plant based," so they're not eating much processed stuff.

Regardless, these plants closing don't affect me personally all that much but the hungry masses coming for my birds would.

As a side note, I think I mentioned this, but several weeks ago, there was a big hen theft spree a few towns over.

Something else doesn't add up...

"Consumers are cutting down on lavish foods, and non-essential spending as essential bills and food are rising weekly. These companies are trying to conserve as much cash and profits as possible, as the economy still hasn't bounced back from the COVID-19 pandemic."

So when did CHICKEN become a lavish food??

Since the mother WEFers told them we should eat bugs and worms instead of meat!

As a side note, I think I mentioned this, but several weeks ago, there was a big hen theft spree a few towns over.

We must all take the necessary steps to secure our animals now folks! Don’t make the mistake of thinking that you won’t be targeted. Everyone with small, valuable animals are already a target!

I actually tried some of the plant based meat out of curiosity. I would compare the market for it to the market for the Chevy Bolt. They really want to drive a Tesla, but they can't afford it (a healthy vegan diet is very expensive) so they buy what they can afford.
Nobody will honestly like it, but some might fool themselves into thinking they like it because they are "saving the planet."
Kind of like why many people claim to like kale (but to be fair, I will assume some people actually do like munching on stainless steel scouring pads.)

I actually tried some of the plant based meat out of curiosity. I would compare the market for it to the market for the Chevy Bolt. They really want to drive a Tesla, but they can't afford it (a healthy vegan diet is very expensive) so they buy what they can afford.
Nobody will honestly like it, but some might fool themselves into thinking they like it because they are "saving the planet."
Kind of like why many people claim to like kale (but to be fair, I will assume some people actually do like munching on stainless steel scouring pads.)
I... I love kale. 🤣
Lettuce is just too wimpy and slimy for me.

Latest posts

Back