Favourite end of the world movie.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw The American Blackout 2013 National Geographic(on YouTube). It was really good. It reminded me of the situation I was in when I worked in Florida for one winter. I felt uneasy the whole time because I had no way to survive other than what came in on a Walmart or Publix truck. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Most people have very little in the way of extra food or water, and if you depend on the infrastructure you are just out of luck. Lots of people are going to die sooner than they expect to.

Some woman on the radio made a good point the other day. If you or I were to drag our children on foot out into the Mojave Desert with insufficient water and no food, we'd be charged with child endangerment and have the children taken away from us.
That is an excellent point!

I really disagree with our policies of seperating children from their parents, but--in fairness--your point about child abuse is one that I hadn't considered, and it makes sense.

Even so, I think it's awful that the Border Patrol is taking babies away from their mothers while they're nursing.

We aren't Nazis in this country, and while the illegals are criminals and should be treated as such, I don't think that concentration camps and institutional brutality are the answer.

Still...I do agree that bringing your child through a desert for several days or weeks without resources does constitute child endangerment.
It is child neglect as well. There would be multiple charges on an American Parent doing the same thing.

Here's another movie I had forgotten about. It was a little strange as you didn't really know what the object was or what the characters were trying to accomplish and the father did some things that didn't make sense though he seemed sensible. The movie was "The Road" 2009. I haven't seen it since it first came out.

Here's another movie I had forgotten about. It was a little strange as you didn't really know what the object was or what the characters were trying to accomplish and the father did some things that didn't make sense though he seemed sensible. The movie was "The Road" 2009. I haven't seen it since it first came out.

good film but so so bleak!

I wish they would make this a movie: https://www.amazon.com/77-Days-Sept...=1530561195&sr=8-2&keywords=days+in+september

Then, could you call the Expanse a post apocalyptic movie/tv series? I absolutely love that show!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I gonna read it. sounds like a good one. Can't do much in this heat anyway. That reminds me of another movie I saw many years ago about a terrible heatwave. people gone nuts and dogs running rampant eating -people. LOL, a baby was born and they needed a way to cool it, some dude driving around in his car staying cool with the ac on, he wouldn't help anyone. I think they may have finally convinced him to help the newborn, I remember them drinking out of a culvert. Anyone remember this one, it could have been back in the 1980's.

I gonna read it. sounds like a good one. Can't do much in this heat anyway. That reminds me of another movie I saw many years ago about a terrible heatwave. people gone nuts and dogs running rampant eating -people. LOL, a baby was born and they needed a way to cool it, some dude driving around in his car staying cool with the ac on, he wouldn't help anyone. I think they may have finally convinced him to help the newborn, I remember them drinking out of a culvert. Anyone remember this one, it could have been back in the 1980's.
Kinda sounds like something Philip Jose Farmer would write!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A movie that touches on many things we discuss here like, bugging out, gathering supplies, storing and burying caches, self defense, raiding parties, the unprepared from the city traveling to small rural towns, nuclear war etc... this movie has it all. I just wish it was longer and a modern movie made. Granted it's dated (1962) but a good preppers flick and relevant today

Panic in the year zero (1962)

or watch it here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21x586

A movie that touches on many things we discuss here like, bugging out, gathering supplies, storing and burying caches, self defense, raiding parties, the unprepared from the city traveling to small rural towns, nuclear war etc... this movie has it all. I just wish it was longer and a modern movie made. Granted it's dated (1962) but a good preppers flick and relevant today

Panic in the year zero (1962)

or watch it here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21x586
I will thanks. I am reading 77 Days in September now, 1/3rd way through. good stuff.

On NETFLIX now a good movie HOW IT ENDS, and SERIES called The Colony ( a bit like falling Skies but better acting)

I watched it Friday (how it ends), it is a good, ending was odd making me think it’s a pilot. For a while there early in the movie I was getting pissed but it turned out pretty good.

I was up at 3:30 am so I started watching the tv show How The World Will End. This episode was covering pandemics. It airs on American Hero Channel.
I did a paper on how a pandemic starts, including tracking across the world. There is so much world wide travel that it doesn't take long for something to get from a remote village on the other side of the globe to middle America. If the contaminant is especially virulent is goes rather quickly. My grandfather survived the Spanish Flu in 1917, he was so ill he had to stay in France. It was hard on him to stay behind when he wanted to be with comrades who didn't fare as badly. He went over on a wooden ship and there were many burials at sea, many men did not make it. Terrible. He didn't talk about it much, all that death.

Finished 77 days in September, ordered used a Daunting Days of Winter. One thing I thought was plain dumb in the book 77 was that they were hauling water from a mile away to pour down the toilet instead of building latrines. The book ranged over about a 3 month time period starting from the incident of the EMP. Now that it is winter coming on, I am interested in what they will do to stay warm in Montana, so far they haven't done anything but turn on a propane fireplace. LOL

Latest posts

Back